http://websearch.searchrocket.info has taken over your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome? How to effectively eliminate Websearch.searchrocket Search engine virus from browser extension?
Hijacked by Websearch.searchrocket.info Virus? How to stop the pop-ups?
Websearch.searchrocket.info (http://websearch.searchrocket.info) is indentified as a browser hijacker that appears itself as your homepage in a form of search engine, which seems to help provide search results. When enters into your computer, Websearch.searchrocket.info modifies your internet browser settings so that it cab block the default access of search request. Being a malicious redirect virus, http://websearch.searchrocket.info offers fake search results and totally it goes the other way around. The malware is promoted by the third party collecting money from paid advertises. Most of computer users complain that all the search results keep being redirected to random advertising sites, which is quite annoying and digressive.
Normally, http://websearch.searchrocket.info comes with a second new tab automatically opening when using Chrome, IE or Firefox. Redirecting your homepage is not the reason for its access, stealing confidential information from compromised system is the main target. The virus has the ability to follow your online habit and guess the sensitive passwords for illegal cyber crimes. Harmful as it is, Websearch.searchrocket virus cannot be uninstalled by any security tools as well as the constant pop-ups. One should be aware of that the longer you keep the redirect malware, the more data would be turned into risky condition. Thought it is installed by accident, it is strongly recommended to eradicate the virus as soon as possible.
Tips: Websearch.searchrocket search engine malware may come bounded with free software, which is distributed as the fake application by the end. This step –by –step guide will help you to fix it completely.
How vicious http://websearch.searchrocket.info is? How to stop the popup?
- http://websearch.searchrocket.infocan compromise your system and may introduce additional infections like rogue software
- http://websearch.searchrocket.infoforces you to visit websites and advertisements which are not trusted and may lead you to pay money wrongly for worthless products
- http://websearch.searchrocket.info takes up high resources and strikingly slow down your computer speed and even causes your computer stuck frequently
- http://websearch.searchrocket.info may allow cyber criminals to track your computer and steal your personal information.
- http://websearch.searchrocket.info can cause serious damage by deleting important files and destroying information on your system
How to deal with Websearch.searchrocket.info ?
Method one: Manually Get Rid of Websearch.searchrocket.info Completely
It is important to note that Websearch.searchrocket.info manual removal requires operators possess certain knowledge about computer, namely, operators must be capable of distinguishing harmful files, registries, dll, and processes from system ones clearly. If you are not a computer geek, and do not have any PC viruses manual removal experience, you’d better download Spyhunter which is designed specifically to deal with Websearch.searchrocket.info to remove this nasty infection from your system permanently.
Method one: Manually Get Rid of Websearch.searchrocket.info Completely
Step one: Tips for repairing search engine:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
Step two: Completely remove Websearch.searchrocket.info
1. Boot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking
2. Reset Internet Explorer by the following guide (take IE as an example):
Open Internet Explorer >> Click on Tools >> Click on Internet Options >> In the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab >> Then click on the LAN settings button>> Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
3. Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections from Websearch.searchrocket.info
For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Websearch.searchrocket.info.
For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Websearch.searchrocket.info.
4. Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
5. Remove these associated Files on your hard drive such as:
6. Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settingsrandom HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorerDisallowRun HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRunrandom HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon "Shell" = "[random].exe"
7. Restart your computer normally to check whether there is still redirection while browsing.
Video guide for removing Websearch.searchrocket.info
Method Two: Automatically Remove Websearch.searchrocket.info Permanently
SpyHunter is designed as a simple way for the average computer user to protect their PC from online threats. It is automatically configured to give you the best protection. It provides reliable protection against all kinds of malicious threats including spyware, adware, hijackers, rootkits, and more. You can follow the instructions provided below to download and install SpyHunter successfully, and enjoy the immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Download SpyHunter by clicking the following download link:
2: Install SpyHunter by following the steps as below.
3: Scan your system after the installation.
4: Select the detected malicious files after your scanning and click on “Remove” button to clean all found infections.
Kindly Reminder: Websearch.searchrocket.info should be removed from your system as soon as possible, otherwise, you will definitely suffer quite a lot of computer issues aroused by Websearch.searchrocket.info. though manual removal is an effective way to get rid of Websearch.searchrocket.info, it is a huge process and a risky method which may cause irreversible manmade damage to your computer if some mistakes were made during the removing process. If you are not professional, you are recommended to download and install Spyhunter to automatically remove Websearch.searchrocket.info and all other threats from your PC.
Related Removal Guides
Still having trouble on dealing with tricky virus infections, stubborn errors, unwanted programs or any other headachy computer problems? Then, you definitely need a more specific, accurate and customized solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system. Tee Support is an award-winning online tech service with over 5-year dedicated experience. Tee Support experts provide sophisticated manual solutions.Learn More and Sign up for Tee Support Online Service Now!