Trojan JS/Redir.D is a dangerous Trojan that usually comes bundled with other malwares, such as, Trojan:JS/BlacoleRef.CN and Fake Win 7 total security plus 2013 virus, which will definitely aggravates the infections and makes it more difficult to clean up. Trojan JS/Redir.D allows remote connects to the compromised PC and steals personal and financial related information for illegal use. Potentially malicious files will be uploaded to damage and totally mess up your system. And startup entries are created so that it can run automatically every time the PC is on. Besides, tons of ads companions or fake security notifications will be flooded to your screen. Those information comes from suspicious sources and therefore, not reliable. If accidentally clicked, extra malwares or spywares could be installed to your computer without your consent. Browsers such as Bing, Yahoo!, Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer could be affected and hijacked to random sites that you never heard about before. Infections of Trojan JS/Redir.D are randomly released and conceal secretly into the system, which explains why anti-virus won’t be able to remove it without coming back again and again. To delete Trojan JS/Redir.D for good and protect the computer from further damage, you have to remove Trojan JS/Redir.D and all threats it has brought.
Where did I get infected with this Trojan and how can I avoid being infected again?
1. P2P network– Since it is a network for people to share files, you may be infected when sharing some infected files.
2. Free files or programs download– Don’t download unknown “free” software. Free software for downloading is usually a lure used by hackers, which you may be infected with spyware, bugs, worms, or any other viruses.
3. Corrupted Websites –you can be infected with viruses while browsing websites that are planted with virus codes. Avoid opening unknown e-mail attachments. It is greatly possible that some viruses are bundled with the attachments.
4. Strange files and spam links-strange files or files from unreliable sources with .bat, .exe, .msi, .ocx or .vbs endings may contain Trojans.
How to manually delete Trojan JS/Redir.D?
To get rid of this virus, you need to search for and terminate its malicious program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries completely one-by-one. Please follow this guide here to start.
Step 1, delete suspicious processes.
Ransom[ numbers and letters].exe
Step 2, remove the associated files.
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\~ %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\~r %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Trojan JS/Redir.D\
Step 3, end the related registry entries.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Regedit32 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Inspector” HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings “net
Step 4, show hidden files
Under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK
Video Guide for Your Reference
Still having difficulties in getting rid of Trojan JS/Redir.D? How can I remove Trojan JS/Redir.D virus easily without losing all my files?
Please kindly be noted that manual removal of Trojan JS/Redir.D is a risky and tedious process, if you do not possess good computer knowledge, invocatable damage to the system may cause. Any questions, you are welcome to contact Tee Support agents 24/7 online.
Get a Safer, Cleaner & Faster PC!
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically.
- Terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware
- Safe, effective and complete
- Fix various PC problems
So, pick one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.