I have no idea how PUP.Optional.Wajam.A (Pup.optional.babylon.a) slips into my computer since I have my system safeguarded by brilliant anti-virus software. I need help with removing this virus permanently and securing my PC from any potential threats’ attack. What’s the most efficient way to clean up PUP.Optional.Wajam.A from the contaminated machine? Truly appreciated for any suggestion.
Information about Pup.optional.babylon.a and PUP.Optional.Wajam.A
PUP.Optional.Wajam.A is programmed by cybercriminals to target Windows operation system from worldwide and bring many troubles onto PC owners. Irritating as PUP.Optional.Wajam.A is, it may make some change towards the browser homepage and settings, which consequently results in tons of browser diverts while users are browsing online. The web pages that people get rerouted to are always associated with harmful ones which may be full of numerous pop-up ads entrapping unwary users to download them and even buy related risky products. It would be all wet if you do that for this behavior will not only cause monetary loss but also implant more dangerous infections to compromise the infected PC more seriously. Besides, with PUP.Optional.Wajam.A affecting, the PC will be running slower and slower as the virus’s able to occupy too much system resource.
In general, PUP.Optional.Wajam.A breaks onto your computer furtively without asking any permission or authorization. The moment it gets inside your system, it never stops its corrupted campaign, such as damaging your system files and folders, disabling your normal program from launching or downloading, altering the desktop image and icons, and so forth. Worse still, it colludes with remote hackers to access your PC and capture your sensitive information for evil intention. If you’ve encountering with PUP.Optional.Wajam.A, take it easy, and follow the instructions we provide here to get rid of it completely in manual way. (FYI: you’d better back up all the important data before making any changes onto your computer for irreparable mistake)
Several Perilous Characteristics Embodied in PUP.Optional.Wajam.A
- It sneaks into your computer unknowingly to violate your individual privacy and compromise security.
- It introduces other types of spyware and malware onto your PC, such as Trojan, redirect virus, fake AV tools, etc.
- You’re irritated by constantly getting redirected to some dubious or hacked websites.
- It’s quite capable to block any executable programs, take anti-virus program as an example.
Fast and Effective Way to Delete PUP.Optional.Wajam.A From Your Computer
A: Go to Control Panel and eliminate PUP.Optional.Wajam.A from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find PUP.Optional.Wajam.A list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Clear all the cookies of your affected web browsers
Click on the “Tools” menu and select “Options”.
Click the “Under the Bonnet” tab, locate the “Privacy” section and Click the “Clear browsing data” button.
Select “Delete cookies and other site data” and clean up all cookies from the list.
Click on Tools, then Options, select Privacy
Click “Remove individual cookies”
In the Cookies panel, click on “Show Cookies”
To remove a single cookie click on the entry in the list and click on the “Remove Cookie button”
To remove all cookies click on the “Remove All Cookies button”
Open Internet explorer window
Click the “Tools” button
Point to “safety” and then click “delete browsing history”
Tick the “cookies” box and then click “delete”
C: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
D: To stop all PUP.Optional.Wajam.A, press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, scroll the list to search for required processes and select “End Process” key.
E: Click “Start” button and select “Run”. Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all PUP.Optional.Wajam.A registries.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” = ’0′ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1′
F: Remove all PUP.Optional.Wajam.A associated files.
%APPDATA%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].js %APPDATA%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].pad %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\runctf.lnk
Video Guide for Removing Similar Threats
Note: If you haven’t sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system permanently. If you are not that computer geek, you are recommended to ask help from an online professional expert here to avoid false operation of crashing your computer or from some friends who are very familiar with manual virus removal.
Tee Support is an award-winning online tech service 24/7. Tee Support experts provide sophisticated manual solutions:
- terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware that an antivirus program can not!
- specific solution for your specific system: Safe, Effective, Complete.
- many more services covering various PC problems to meet your requirements.
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically. So, pick up one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
However, professional online technical support is highly recommended if you want a more specific, accurate and effective solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.
Award-winning Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus software protects your PC against privacy and tracking threats. Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus detects, removes and secures your PC from potential spyware, viruses, worms and tracking threats.