Does your homepage constantly redirect to http://websearch.helpmefindyour.info without your approval? It just pops up when you try to turn on the browser (Chrome/IE/Firefox)? I have no idea where I got this virus? How do I fix this issue in Windows7/XP/Vista? Does antivirus help?
Simple analysis on websearch.helpmefindyour.info redirected issue
websearch.helpmefindyour.info (http://websearch.helpmefindyour.info/) belongs to the nasty browser hijacker that cannot be stopped by antivirus. Usually this malware can be installed in a form of search engine but actually it is categorized as a redirected virus that constantly causes bombard hijacked issue by modifying system registries utilities.
websearch.helpmefindyour.info (http://websearch.helpmefindyour.info/) can easily exploit system’ vulnerability after breaking into the system and it infects all your internet browsers, including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox. The virus is a totally browser hijacker that not only hijack your homepage, but also it collects your private information for illegal cyber crimes and keeps bringing annoying paid pop-ups. If you have know any realization about this redirect malware, you will become one of the victims who suffer from unexpected money loss as well as personal massage. It is strongly to remove this webpage from your computer as soon as possible.
Classified as a malicious browser hijacker, websearch.helpmefindyour.info (http://websearch.helpmefindyour.info/) penetrates into your system while you are using the computer inappropriately. The unknown sharing resources of porn materials, free programs and spam email attachments can be the main reason for this dangerous installer to enter into your system. Victims try to scan with Anti-virus with no luck because it is bounded with complicated java scripts codes that can help protect from being removed. Be clear that websearch.helpmefindyour malware would never offer help like Google, Yahoo and Bind and it just provides interrupted advertising sites and decayed products. It is the one that should be removed immediately to avoid additional computer threats which can be dropped by this browser extension program as well as to avoid harmful information reveals.
websearch.helpmefindyour.info virus as Damaging Trojan Virus by Impressions
- websearch.helpmefindyour.info will constantly redirect your internet connection and tell you that you are browsing unsafely
- Your computer is acting slowly. websearch.helpmefindyour slows down your system significantly. This includes starting up, shutting down, playing games, and surfing the web
- Searches are redirected or your homepage and desktop are settings are changed. This is a symptom of a very serious websearch.helpmefindyour infection
- websearch.helpmefindyour.info will shut down your other anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. It will also infect and corrupt your registry, leaving your computer totally unsafe
- You are getting pestered with pop ups. websearch.helpmefindyour infects your registry and uses it to launch annoying pop up ads out of nowhere
How to deal with Websearch.helpmefindyour.info ?
Method one: Manually Get Rid of Websearch.helpmefindyour.info Completely
It is important to note that Websearch.helpmefindyour.info manual removal requires operators possess certain knowledge about computer, namely, operators must be capable of distinguishing harmful files, registries, dll, and processes from system ones clearly. If you are not a computer geek, and do not have any PC viruses manual removal experience, you’d better download Spyhunter which is designed specifically to deal with Websearch.helpmefindyour.info to remove this nasty infection from your system permanently.
Method one: Manually Get Rid of Websearch.helpmefindyour.info Completely
Step one: Tips for repairing search engine:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
Step two: Completely remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info
1. Boot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking
2. Reset Internet Explorer by the following guide (take IE as an example):
Open Internet Explorer >> Click on Tools >> Click on Internet Options >> In the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab >> Then click on the LAN settings button>> Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
3. Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections from Websearch.helpmefindyour.info
For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Websearch.helpmefindyour.info.
For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Websearch.helpmefindyour.info.
4. Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
5. Remove these associated Files on your hard drive such as:
6. Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settingsrandom HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorerDisallowRun HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRunrandom HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon "Shell" = "[random].exe"
7. Restart your computer normally to check whether there is still redirection while browsing.
Video guide for removing Websearch.helpmefindyour.info
Method Two: Automatically Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info Permanently
SpyHunter is designed as a simple way for the average computer user to protect their PC from online threats. It is automatically configured to give you the best protection. It provides reliable protection against all kinds of malicious threats including spyware, adware, hijackers, rootkits, and more. You can follow the instructions provided below to download and install SpyHunter successfully, and enjoy the immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Download SpyHunter by clicking the following download link:
2: Install SpyHunter by following the steps as below.
3: Scan your system after the installation.
4: Select the detected malicious files after your scanning and click on “Remove” button to clean all found infections.
Kindly Reminder: Websearch.helpmefindyour.info should be removed from your system as soon as possible, otherwise, you will definitely suffer quite a lot of computer issues aroused by Websearch.helpmefindyour.info. though manual removal is an effective way to get rid of Websearch.helpmefindyour.info, it is a huge process and a risky method which may cause irreversible manmade damage to your computer if some mistakes were made during the removing process. If you are not professional, you are recommended to download and install Spyhunter to automatically remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info and all other threats from your PC.
Get a Safer, Cleaner & Faster PC!
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically.
- Terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware
- Safe, effective and complete
- Fix various PC problems
So, pick one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.