Is your computer encountering with Disk C Insufficient issue? And you are eager for solving this problem, and do not know how to clean disk C?
1. Turn off System Restore
Right click “My Computer”, select “Properties” option, hit the “System Restore” tab and then check the “Turn off System Restore on all drives” box. And then you cannot do system restore in the future.
2. Close the system dormancy: Click “Start” menu, hit “Control Panel”, click “Power”-“Sleep”, and uncheck the “Start system dormancy”.
3. Move the virtual memory
Right click “My Computer”, select “Properties” option, hit the “Advanced” tab, click Performance option/Settings/Advanced/Change/Choose the C drive which is system disk. Then choose no su-page and set the virtual memory to the disk, to free more disk space, such as D, E, F disk, ect. Meanwhile, you need to set to 1.5 to 2.5 times.
4. Clean up IE temporary folder, internet options, delete temporary files and offline files.
5. Delete system logs and program logs
Click “Start” menu, click “Control Panel”, double click “Administrative Tools”, double click “Computer Management”, hit the “Event Viewer” under “System Tools”, then right click “Application”, click “Clear all Events”. After that, please clean up the system log in turn.
6. Clear system cache: for 2000 system, all files are listed in C:\WINNT\system32\dllcache
XP system is: files are in C:\windows\system32\dllcache needs to be cleaned (open My Computer/Tools/File and Foler options/uncheck the Hide protected system files) You also can run sfc.exe/purgecache command automatically remove system cache.
7. Empty Recycle Bin8. Delete all files listed in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
8. Delete all directories in C:\Windows\RegisteredPackages
9. Remove all files in C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
10. Open “My Computer”, then view whether the “Hidden files protected by the system” has been unchecked. Then dlete C:\Windows\all files come bundled with $ (system updated backup file)
We can increase the C drive space when the disk C space is insufficient for Windows opearting system
1. Open “My Computer”, click “Tools”, click “Folder Options”, hit “View”, then check “show hidden files and folders”, click “OK”.
2. Remove the following folder contents
x:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Cookies\all files (Keep index file)
x:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temp\all files (User temporary files)
x:\Documents and Settings\User Name\LocalSettings\TemporaryInternet Files\all files (page files)
x:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\History\all files (History records)
x:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Recent\all files (Recently viewed shortcut to the files)
x:\WINDOWS\Temp\all files (Temporary files)
3. If the system had Windows Update upgrade, then delete the following files: X: \ Windows \ down to $u… At the start of hidden files
4. And then defragment the disk, before peform the defragementing, please exit all running programs at first.
5. Click “Start” menu-“Program”-“Accessories”-“System Tools”-“System Restore”-“Create a Restore Point”
6. Open “My Computer”, right click “Properties”, hit “Disk Cleanup”, click “Other options”, click on System Restore in the column of “Clean up” and then click “OK”.
7. Clean up the system temporary files: system temporary files are stored in two position in general: one is in the Windows installation directory folder, the other is X:\Documents and Settings”User Name”\Local Settings\Temp folder (Y:is the system partition). These two position can be deleted directly.
Clean Up the insufficient disk C space Automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to remove this infection
Run SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
More Removal Guides
Still having trouble on dealing with tricky virus infections, stubborn errors, unwanted programs or any other headachy computer problems? Do not hesitate anymore! What you definitely need is a more specific, accurate and customized solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system. Tee Support recommends to you an award-winning anti-malware tool that gives you the easiest and most effective automatic solutions.Click Here to Download the Most Popular Anti-malware Now!