If your homepage changes to Http://cdn.optmd.com automatically, then you have to learn something about this computer pest. Read this passage below and learn a method to remove the Http://cdn.optmd.com browser hijacker virus. You can also ask help from computer experts Tee Support agents 24/7 online.
Http://cdn.optmd.com can be classified as a browser hijacker or redirection virus that injects the compromised computer without users’ knowledge. It is usually bundled with free softwares on the Internet, and is installed together with those softwares when users download or update programs. Http://cdn.optmd.com is able to invade the target computer with many other ways, for example, spam email attachment is an effective distribution method. Another is unsafe web sites.
Http://cdn.optmd.com takes place the homepages once infected. It also redirects users’ searching results and opens new tabs jumping to the Http://cdn.optmd.com page. In this way, it bothers users’ online activities constantly. However, invisible changes can be made my Http://cdn.optmd.com browser hijacker virus. It monitors users’ online activities, and collects sensitive information by reviewing the searching histories and cookies. Besides, users may get piles of advertisements and malicious links, which may bring other computer threats to the infected computer. In this perspective, users are recommended to remove Http://cdn.optmd.com as soon as possible.
Http://cdn.optmd.com browser hijacker virus implants malicious files and registry entries to the compromised computer once infected. It also changes the default browser settings such as homepages, DNS settings and default search engines. It mutates every time and thus, changes the files names and locations to avoid being detected by anti-virus programs. In fact, most of the users whose computer is infected with it have tried to remove Http://cdn.optmd.com with their anti-virus programs, but nothing can be found after scan. That is because it comes with other programs, and anti-virus programs will not consider it as a computer threat at all. Users will not recognize it before they are hijacked and redirected to other unfamiliar web pages. In this situation, users are recommended to remove Http://cdn.optmd.com manually by themselves. If you are not a computer savvy, you can also contact Tee Support agents 24/7 online to help you.
Harmful Properties of Http://cdn.optmd.com Browser Hijacker
1. Http://cdn.optmd.com invades the target computer without users’ permission;
2. Http://cdn.optmd.com causes browser problems such as homepage hijacker or searching results redirection;
3. Http://cdn.optmd.com changes the default browser settings such as homepages, DNS settings and default search engines;
4. Http://cdn.optmd.com injects malicious files and registry entries to the infected computer, and installs malicious toolbar to the browsers in order to take control of the browsers;
5. All browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox can be affected;
6. Http://cdn.optmd.com cannot be removed by most of the anti-virus programs.
Guide to Stop Http://cdn.optmd.com – Browser Hijacker Removal Tips
Step 1- Reset Internet Explorer by the following guide (take IE as an example):
Open Internet Explorer >> Click on Tools >> Click on Internet Options >> In the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab >> Then click on the LAN settings button>> Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
Step 2- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’, select ‘General tab’ and click ‘Use default’ button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’.
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Results’ from the list remove it by clicking the “X” mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engines….’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the ‘General tab’;
Step 3- Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 4- Remove these associated Files on your hard drive such as:
%LocalAppData%\.exe %Temp%\ %AppData%\p1.exe %ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\[random]
Step 5- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "SD2014" = "%AppData%\\.exe" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\safemode\command "(Default)" = ""%LocalAppData%\.exe
Step 6- Clear all the cookies of your affected web browsers.
Click on the “Tools” menu and select “Options”.
Click the “Under the Bonnet” tab, locate the “Privacy” section and Click the “Clear browsing data” button.
Select “Delete cookies and other site data” and clean up all cookies from the list.
Click on Tools, then Options, select Privacy
Click “Remove individual cookies”
In the Cookies panel, click on “Show Cookies”
To remove a single cookie click on the entry in the list and click on the “Remove Cookie button”
To remove all cookies click on the “Remove All Cookies button”
Open Internet explorer window
Click the “Tools” button
Point to “safety” and then click “delete browsing history”
Tick the “cookies” box and then click “delete”
Video on How to Remove Browser Hijacker Virus
Note: steps may be a little different according to the operating system. If you need help from computer experts, you are welcome to contact Tee Support agents 24/7 online.
Tee Support is an award-winning online tech service 24/7. Tee Support experts provide sophisticated manual solutions:
- terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware that an antivirus program can not!
- specific solution for your specific system: Safe, Effective, Complete.
- many more services covering various PC problems to meet your requirements.
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically. So, pick up one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
However, professional online technical support is highly recommended if you want a more specific, accurate and effective solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.
Award-winning Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus software protects your PC against privacy and tracking threats. Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus detects, removes and secures your PC from potential spyware, viruses, worms and tracking threats.