Searchgol.com pops up frequently when you open the browser? Lots of pesky ads are showing up all the time? Your search results are redirected to unwanted websites without your authorization? How to stop this bogus search engine from hijacking your browser and terminate those pop-up ads? If you feel upset about this issue, you can go on reading this post to learn more on how to get rid of searchgol redirect virus and popups from infected browser easily and safely.
Knowledge of Searchgol.com
Virus Type: Redirect virus, browser hijacker, toolbar, adware
Damage Level: Severe, high, critical
Targeted Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Affected OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac
Searchgol.com is a malicious redirect virus that attacks famous browsers like IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari. It’s distributed to promote certain commercial products or services while internet users are surfing the web. Most of the online advertisements given to users may be some charming and ample ones which can easily entrap unwary victims to click on something they’re interested in and even purchase its products. This activity will increase the chance to be infected with additional types of malware or spyware.
The majority of computer users who encountered with Searchgol.com may not find it’s very risky and it just interferes with their browsing habits. Technically speaking, searchgol is not a virus initially, but it’s illegally used by cyber criminals to implant harmful ads or untrustworthy information so that they can earn money, that is, the more clicks toward the domain, the more benefits they can acquire. Not only does searchgol modify infected web browser by altering the default DNS and homepage settings randomly and thus result in a series of browsing diverts against victims’ will, but it also facilitates potential attackers to gain access your machine and capture your sensitive information such as online bank details then send it to a remote server for other corrupted intention. As we can see, searchgol does manifest several harmful characteristics and need to be fixed immediately from your compromised machine once it’s detected. If you’re not computer savvy and don’t want to cause further harm onto the PC, please contact Tee Support agents 24/7 online for instant removal.
Potential Dangers Caused by Searchgol Virus
- This redirect virus will constantly redirect your internet connection and tell you that you are browsing unsafely.
- Your computer is acting slowly. This web browser slows down your system significantly. This includes starting up, shutting down, playing games, and surfing the web.
- Searches are redirected or your homepage and desktop are settings are changed. This is an obvious symptom of this infection.
- The cyber threat will shut down your other anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. It will also infect and corrupt your registry, leaving your computer totally unsafe.
- You are getting pestered with lots of pop ups. The hijacker virus infects your registry and uses it to launch annoying pop up ads out of nowhere.
Explicit Manual Steps to Get Rid of Searchgol.com Pop-up Ads
Method one: Add / Remove program
Most of the time, we can use Add / Remove Program to remove the programs we choose, for it is a built-in program which helps Windows users to manage their PC. Also, with the help of it, you are able to add or delete program as you want.
1. Find the “start” button on the lower left corner of your monitor, and then click it.
2. Find and double click the button “Control Panel”.
3. Find “Add / Remove Program” icon in the control panel, and then double click it.
4. When the windows pop up, find Searchgol icon in the list, and then select it to start uninstalling it from your computer by clicking “Remove”.
5. When it is finished, reboot your computer to take effect.
Method two: General removal
Reboot the PC and keep pressing F8 key on the keyboard upon PC startup but before logging in. Hit the arrow keys to choose “Safe Mode with Networking” option, and then tap Enter key to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
1. Find and stop Searchgol.com associated processes:
(Steps to open Windows Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC combination.)
2. Locate and delete Searchgol.com associated files:
%AppData%Local[random].exe C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
3. Detect and remove Searchgol.com related registry entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box to search)
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\random HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run\random
Method three: Clear all the cookies of your affected browsers
Open Internet explorer window
Click the “Tools” button
Point to “safety” and then click “delete browsing history”
Tick the “cookies” box and then click “delete”
Click on the “Tools” menu and select “Options”.
Click the “Under the Bonnet” tab, locate the “Privacy” section and Click the “Clear browsing data” button.
Select “Delete cookies and other site data” and clean up all cookies from the list.
Click on Tools, then Options, select Privacy
Click “Remove individual cookies”
In the Cookies panel, click on “Show Cookies”
To remove a single cookie click on the entry in the list and click on the “Remove Cookie button”
To remove all cookies click on the “Remove All Cookies button”
Video Guide for Cleaning up Searchgol.com
Notice: Manual removal of searchgol.com virus is kind of complicated, which requires sufficient expertise in handling files and registries. No slight mistake would be allowed to make, otherwise it will lead to system crash or data loss which you cannot buy even spending money. For the prevention of messing up the whole system forever, it’s recommended to live chat with Tee Support online experts to get a customized solution here.
Tee Support is an award-winning online tech service 24/7. Tee Support experts provide sophisticated manual solutions:
- terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware that an antivirus program can not!
- specific solution for your specific system: Safe, Effective, Complete.
- many more services covering various PC problems to meet your requirements.
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically. So, pick up one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
However, professional online technical support is highly recommended if you want a more specific, accurate and effective solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.
Award-winning Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus software protects your PC against privacy and tracking threats. Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus detects, removes and secures your PC from potential spyware, viruses, worms and tracking threats.