Is your computer hit by CryptoDefense? Files are all encrypted? Don’t know what to do with CryptoDefense? Pay for the ransomware or not? If you want to know more about CryptoDefense, then please keep reading this post.
Scenes of CryptoDefense
1) It encrypts all your files(.DOC, .XLS, .JPG and more types) and creates three files named “HOW_DECRYPT” with .txt, -html and .url extensions.
2) Unlike Crytolocker or Bitcrypt, CryptoDefense doesn’t replace your desktop image but references a different tor site and has a code to get to the tor site， popping up a text box prompting what to do first.
3) The hacked computer is largely degraded, performing much more slowly than before.
4) CryptoDefense provides an exclusive site named https://rj2bocejarqnpuhm.onion.to/ to contact the server.
5) The crook acts like a gentleman, providing a video in Youtobe which guides you step-by-step how the ransomware works and to make the payment.
6) Different from the previous variants, CryptoDefense will take a screen shot of the victims and upload it to that server.
7) Other sorts of malware like trojan, browser hijacker may sneaks into your computer since it has already been hacked.
What is CryptoDefense?
Like Crytolocker, Howdecrypt and Bitcrypt, CryptoDefense is a ransomware or a scam that is designed to encrypt victims’ data files so that it can demand victims to pay up if they want to regain access to the files on their computer. And the usual ramsom is between $300 and $600. https://rj2bocejarqnpuhm.onion.to/XXX?getpic is a site provided by CryptoDefense. If you enter the site, you will get this text displayed: Service to decrypt the files. To continue please enter the code from the picture in the input field. If you continue to follow its instructions, you will find that time and date are relative to victim’s ID, which make it really real and scaring. Actually, CryptoDefense can be removed easily but the files remain locked up is a way that are impossible to break except the designer. Paying for the ransom may decrypt your files, but you are also taking risk to pay for that.
How CryptoDefense gets on my computer?
1) It gets on your computer by taking the advantage of your default browser Internet Explorer’s vulnerabilities.
2) Typically, it gets on your computer via your browsing hacked websites, especially porn related.
How to Remove / Uninstall CryptoDefense
1) Click this link to download SpyHunter to remove CryptoDefense .
2) Click “Malware Scan” to run a scan.
3) Remove all detected threats.
Method2: Remove CryptoDefense Manually
Before performing the manual removal of CryptoDefense, reboot your computer and before Windows interface loads, press F8 key constantly. Choose “Safe Mode with Networking” option, and then press Enter key. System will load files and then get to the desktop in needed option.
1. Launch the Task Manager by pressing keys Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc at the same time, search for Srv.clickfuse.com processes and right-click to end them.
2. Open Control Panel in Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
3. Get rid of the listed files created by CryptoDefense:
%AllUsersProfile%\ApplicationData\temp\ CryptoDefense.dll %AllUsersProfile%\ Application Data\roaming\ CryptoDefense.exe
4. Open Registry Editor by navigating to Start Menu, type in Regedit, and then click OK. When you have been in Registry Editor, please remove the following related registry entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run CryptoDefense \“[RANDOM CHARACTRERISTIC]” HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall CryptoDefense ransomware\Run “[RANDOM CHARACTRERISTIC].exe HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\Navigating\Uninstall CryptoDefense \Run “[RANDOM CHARACTRERISTIC].exe”
Video Guide to Remove Ransom Program
Summary the CryptoDefense virus locks users’ personal files and asks money from users. Though you cannot get those files back, you need to remove it from your computer because it keeps locking more your files if you leave it. .