Is your web browser hijacked to smartwebsearch.com always and you can’t stop smartwebsearch.com from changing your homepage? SmartWebSearch virus is such annoying stuff and you want to get rid of it fast? This step-by-step guide can help you safely and quickly remove smartwebsearch.com virus.
What is smartwebsearch.com?
Smartwebsearch.com is a harmful domain that is created to hijack your web browsers and then makes illegal money. Actually smartwebsearch.com is not very new to the internet because its previous version is called smartwebsearch.net which has been reported as a notorious Google direct virus in 2010. Hackers used Social Engineering and rookit technology to create smartwebsearch.com. You don’t need to be surprised that how smartwebsearch virus escaped your antivirus detection and when it slipped into your computer because the technology used by smartwebsearch.com browser hijacker is famous for these abilities which have also annoyed security software industry for a long time. Although smartwebsearch.com is a stubborn infection, you cannot leave it there for a long time. Smartwebsearch.com always tries to install more computer threats into your computer so that it can control your computer better and perform malicious activities on your computer background. If you don’t want to make this pesky smartwebsearch virus stuff completely messes up your computer and even steal your sensitive info stored on your computer, you have to get rid of it immediately and completely.
Smartwebsearch.com Step-by-step Manual Removal Instructions:
Step one– Boot your computer into Safe Mode With Networking.
To perform this procedure, please restart your computer. -> As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, tap “F8″ key constantly. -> Use the arrow keys to highlight the “Safe Mode with Networking” option and then press ENTER. -> If you don’t get the Safe Mode with Networking option, please restart the computer again and keep tapping “F8″ key immediately.
Step two – open your Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and then stop the smartwebsearch.com process:
[random name].exe of smartwebsearch.com
Step three– delete the following files created by smartwebsearch.com in Local disk C hard drive:
%System%\drivers\UAC[RANDOM CHARACTERS].sys %Temp%\tmp[RANDOM NUMBERS].tmp %AppData%\[random].exe
Step four – open your Registry Editor program by navigating to Start Menu, type in Regedit, and then click OK. When you have been in Registry Editor, please delete the following registry entries associated with smartwebsearch.com:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\[random characters added by smartwebsearch.com] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\[random].exe
Automatic removal Smartwebsearch.com with removal tool (Recommended)
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application that was designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, browser redirect, spyware, etc. It is important to notice that SpyHunter removal tool works well and should run alongside existing security programs without conflicts.
1. Click on the button below to download Spyhunter.
2. Follow the details to complete the installation process. (Double click on the download file and follow the prompts to install the program.)
3. After the installation, run SpyHunter antivirus and click “Malware Scan” button to have a full or quick scan on your computer.
4. Tick “Select All” and press “Remove” button to get rid of all the detected threats on your computer.
1. This tricky Trojan just uses random file names in same system directories or even its mutating versions will use different directories to escape various security tools’ detection and add more difficulty to manual removal.
2. If you haven’t sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system permanently after you delete crucial computer files by mistake.
3. Want to safely and completely remove this perky mutating smartwebsearch.com virus infection but you cannot figure out? We suggest you to download Smartwebsearch.com removal tool to remove it quickly and safely.
More Removal Guides
Still having trouble on dealing with tricky virus infections, stubborn errors, unwanted programs or any other headachy computer problems? Do not hesitate anymore! What you definitely need is a more specific, accurate and customized solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system. Tee Support recommends to you an award-winning anti-malware tool that gives you the easiest and most effective automatic solutions.Click Here to Download the Most Popular Anti-malware Now!