Is websearch.searchdwebs.info taking control of your whole browser while you’re surfing online? What damages would it bring to your PC? How can you have it gotten rid of thoroughly from your system? Today, you’ve come to the right place. By reading this post, you’ll get knowledge about websearch.searchdwebs.info and grasp the effective and safe way to remove this virus.
Description of Websearch.searchdwebs.info Redirect
Websearch.searchdwebs.info (http://websearch.searchdwebs.info/) is a fraudulent domain utilized by cyber hackers to damage target computers by aggressively hijacking the web browser installed onto the contaminated system. Such redirect malware spreads through the network very fast and scatters every minute so as to mess up as many PC users as possible. Invasive as websearch.searchdwebs.info is, it resembles the legit search engine’s interface which contains a typical search box and various types of categories, however, it’s indeed a phishing site that provides inveracious information less compatible with users’ search queries. Provided that you’re one among those victims from this redirect, you’ll be annoyed to be diverted to http://websearch.searchdwebs.info/ or its related web pages somehow no matter which browser you’re navigating to, including Firefox, Google, Internet Explorer and Opera, etc. It’s the existence of this malware that changes the default search engine, homepage and DNS settings casually. No wonder that you would keep redirecting to the suspicious web pages where cyber attackers can easily take over your PC and pilfer confidential information for dangerous goals. Moreover, it’s responsible for poor PC performance, additional threats’ infestation, and so on. As is mentioned above, websearch.searchdwebs.info poses a big threat to the normal operation of the compromised machine and the safety of victim’s personal privacy. Therefore, do not hesitate to eliminate it from the infected computer entirely once detection.
Screenshot of Websearch.searchdwebs.info
Websearch.searchdwebs.info Is Such A Horrible Item
- This redirect virus will constantly redirect your internet connection and tell you that you are browsing unsafely.
- Your computer is acting slowly. This web browser slows down your system significantly. This includes starting up, shutting down, playing games, and surfing the web.
- Searches are redirected or your homepage and desktop are settings are changed. This is an obvious symptom of this infection.
- The cyber threat will shut down your other anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. It will also infect and corrupt your registry, leaving your computer totally unsafe.
- You are getting pestered with lots of pop ups. The hijacker virus infects your registry and uses it to launch annoying pop up ads out of nowhere.
What Program Is Good to Remove Websearch.searchdwebs.info?
The Websearch.searchdwebs.info virus, as many other viruses, is created with malicious code and is changed daily or more often. That’s why any of the antivirus programs can’t keep up to remove the virus. When victim users tried with various security tools, they did not eliminate the virus, but messed up the computer more. Any unsure method is not recommended to remove the virus, but manual removal has always been the most effective way to get rid of it.
Guide to Uninstall Websearch.searchdwebs.info Manually Step by Step
Step 1- Reset Internet Explorer by the following guide (take IE as an example):
Open Internet Explorer >> Click on Tools >> Click on Internet Options >> In the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab >> Then click on the LAN settings button>> Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
Step 2- Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections from Websearch.searchdwebs.info
For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Websearch.searchdwebs.info.
For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Websearch.searchdwebs.info.
Step 3- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’, select ‘General tab’ and click ‘Use default’ button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’.
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Results’ from the list remove it by clicking the “X” mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engines….’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the ‘General tab’;
Step 4- Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 5- Show all hidden files
Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
Step 6- Remove these associated Files on your hard drive such as:
Step 7- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\random HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run\random HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run |Regedit32
Step 8- Restart your computer normally to check whether there is still redirection while browsing.
Video Guide for Removing Websearch.searchdwebs.info
Note: Even though it is possible to manually remove websearch.searchdwebs.info by yourself, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistake is made in the process as advanced spyware viruses are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely deleted. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for skilled users only, such as IT experts or highly qualified system administrators.
Tee Support is the #1 place to get IMMEDIATE live help for your PCs, peripherals, devices and software applications 24/7. If you cannot solve the issue with the instructions above or need any other assistance, please get help from an Online Computer Expert here for help.
Tee Support is an award-winning online tech service 24/7. Tee Support experts provide sophisticated manual solutions:
- terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware that an antivirus program can not!
- specific solution for your specific system: Safe, Effective, Complete.
- many more services covering various PC problems to meet your requirements.
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically. So, pick up one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
However, professional online technical support is highly recommended if you want a more specific, accurate and effective solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.
Award-winning Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus software protects your PC against privacy and tracking threats. Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus detects, removes and secures your PC from potential spyware, viruses, worms and tracking threats.