Description of QuickLinks Issues
- A so called quick link box appears in browsers during the usage, it offers to create a quick link to that page, there is a small smiley red bubble face in its corner;
- Browser settings mess up, quicklinks ad insists on popping up no matter what victims did to block it;
- Adware blockers would not help prevent quicklinks from prompting up;
- Quicklinks appears even on some reputable sites like facebook, basically all around;
- iLivid appears all of a sudden together with quicklinks;
- computer is generally running slowly, so does page loading speed;
- CPU is highly consumed.
Stubborn Quick Links
It doesn’t act like ordinary adware at all. Tee Support agents 24/7 online have found the fact online that quick links is a tough ‘guy’. We quote what has been done by victims in an attempt to eradicate the popup ad below and you will know how stubborn quick links is:
‘- used spybot, but removed it after teatimer was constantly popping up
-run Junware removal tool
-run adware cleaner
-run minitoolbox by farbar
-run Eset online scan
-reset hosts files
-run EmisoftEmergencyKit – it quarantined 23 threads out of 25 and said it could not do anything with those 2
after runnig the last one was the time when the above mentioned My Quick Links started to appear even here on more sites – before that it was only on facebook.’
Now we learn that My Quick Links ad is not only stubborn but also propagative. But how as all we see is a tiny pop up that floods browser. We have also found that my quick links uses rookit method to make some of its pivotal parts invisible to both the victim and security programs. By doing so, my quick links pop-up manages to paralyze you. When all its components are placed, vulnerability is forged as:
- Quicklinks infiltrates into registry entry session where all operations are launched;
- Quick links pop-up would inject its parts into running processes in the background;
- Quicklinks would insert itself into auto start up session;
- Quicklinks would get into secure service.
Those are places of significance. Should immediate removal not be implemented timely, there will be more troubles coming up. Want to know what troubles are? Please keep reading.
Immediate Remove of Quicklinks Pop-up
It is not difficult for you to imagine what it will be like if you live up with the stubborn thingy for quite a while as it appear to be like everywhere in the compromised machine. With the vulnerability on, some deadly virus would be able to get into your computer easily, that’s why you will be plagued by unwanted popups, page redirect issue, and will be easily blocked by fake police virus by streaming something on the Internet. Therefore, we suggest a quick remove regardless the fact that quick links is just popping up on your browser. Follow the steps to help yourself.
Step-by-Step Instruction to Show How to Remove Quick Links Popup Completely
Solution 1: Remove Quick Links Popup Manually
Step1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of quick links pop up:
Step2. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
Step3. Show hidden files
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files generated by quick links pop up:
C:\program files\quick links %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\quicklinks %AllUsersProfile%\quicklinks
Step4. Delete all related registry values related to quick links pop up in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the “R” button. Type in “regedit” and hit “Enter” to gain access to the Registry Editor.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” = 0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “DisableTaskMgr” = 1
Solution 2: Remove Quick Links Popup automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to remove Quick Links
Run SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Reference the Video Below to Remove Quick Links Pop up
ATTENTION PLEASE: if you encounter more troubles than quick links, you may need to put more work into it in a bid to avoid its reimage. Personalized solution is recommended, plus expert skill is required to get rid of any lurking items. Want to get rid of quick links and other related problems in a heartbeat? Download Reliable Removal tool here to remove quick links.
Get a Safer, Cleaner & Faster PC!
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically.
- Terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware
- Safe, effective and complete
- Fix various PC problems
So, pick one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.