PLEASE HELP!!! Today, when I’m scanning my computer with malwarebytes security shield, it detects a dangerous object named “PUP.Optional.Crossrider”. However, after I click on the Remove button and try to clean up the virus, it keeps generating later. What’s worse, I couldn’t even log in to my system as it would go straight to the Blue Screen of death, saying registry error. I’m not a tech genius. Is there anybody who can help you out of trouble? Thanks heaps.
Overview of PUP.Optional.Crossrider
Perilous as PUP.Optional.Crossrider is, it’s identified as a potentially unwanted program (also known as a browser plug-in or add-on) which can be integrated into many famous web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. It’s reported that PUP.Optional.Crossrider is utilized by cyber criminals as an advertisement platform, which will bombard unwary users with a sea of pop-up ads and sponsored links on Youtube or other social websites they’re navigating to. By corrupting the currently-used browser, this virus may give rise to the replacement of the default homepage and search engine, redirecting victims to some unfamiliar domains where additional cyber malware can be easily implanted. Apart from these abnormal symptoms, the bus is also responsible for stupid PC performance, system frozen or crash, which will impede internet users from undertaking basic normal tasks.
Typically, PUP.Optional.Crossrider slips into a target computer surreptitiously bundled with free applications such as videos, PDF creators and therefore there is always the slightest sign before its successful installation. In order to avoid being entangled by similar infections in future, you ought to pay attention when installing a certain program which might include optional installs, like deselecting something strange. As is mentioned above, PUP.Optional.Crossrider is dangerous to both infected PCs’ properties and users’ individual privacy. Never show mercy to slay it as quickly as possible! In the event that you’re not computer literate, it’s a better choice to consult Tee Support agents 24/7 online for thorough extermination.
Harmful Properties Embodied in PUP.Optional.Crossrider
- PUP.Optional.Crossrider reputation/ rating online is terrible.
- PUP.Optional.Crossrider is installed/ run without your permission.
- The official website of PUP.Optional.Crossrider is poorly built without contact info.
- The payments website of PUP.Optional.Crossrider is suspicious & claims your OS is unsafe.
- Poor Performance like highly-consumed system resources is caused by PUP.Optional.Crossrider.
Step-by-Step Guides to Uninstall PUP.Optional.Crossrider Manually
Step 1- Try “Add or Remove Programs” in Control Panel.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, go to the “Start” menu, select “Control Panel”. Locate “Programs and Features”. Look for “PUP.Optional.Crossrider” select this entry and click Uninstall.
If you are using Windows Xp, Click “Start”, choose “Settings” and click “Control Panel”. Locate and click “Add or Remove Programs”. Look for “PUP.Optional.Crossrider” select this entry and click Remove.
Step 2– Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections from this virus.
For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from PUP.Optional.Crossrider.
For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from PUP.Optional.Crossrider.
Step 3- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’, select ‘General tab’ and click ‘Use default’ button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’.
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Results’ from the list remove it by clicking the “X” mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engines….’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the ‘General tab’;
Step 4– Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 5- Show all hidden files
Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
Step 6– Remove these associated files on your hard drive such as:
%AllUsersProfile% %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\~r %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\~dll
Step 7– Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[RANDOM].exe” HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\[RANDOM] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon "Shell" = "[random].exe"
Step 8– Restart your computer normally to check if PUP.Optional.Crossrider is completely removed or not.
Video Sample Guide for PUP.Optional.Crossrider Removal
Notice: Certain expert skills will be required during the manual removal procedure to avoid wrong operation which may damage your computer permanently. If you cannot remove PUP.Optional.Crossrider completely by yourself, you’re welcome to contact Tee Support 24/7 online computer experts here to help you quickly and safely remove all possible infections from your computer.
More Removal Guides
Still having trouble on dealing with tricky virus infections, stubborn errors, unwanted programs or any other headachy computer problems? Then, you definitely need a more specific, accurate and customized solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system. Tee Support is an award-winning online tech service with over 5-year dedicated experience. Tee Support experts provide sophisticated manual solutions.Learn More and Sign up for Tee Support Online Service Now!