Have a huge problem with Search Results LLC virus popping up on and on ? Computer runs weird when the Search Results LLC malware is activated. you should take some effective manual removal steps to ensure it is gone absolutely. Read more.
Name of Threat: Search Results LLC
Catogary: Browser Hijack Virus
Security Level (0-10): 7
Overview of Search Results LLC
Search Results LLC redirect virus has become a headache for many innocent computer users. No matter you are using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, it makes no big difference. As soon as Search Results LLC occupies your machine successfully, it will basically change the default homepage of your browser via modify DNS settings. Also, the virus will send computer users annoying advertisements which associated with cyber criminals who want to get money from victims. Most commonly, when you start a new tab or link in your browser, the webpage will appear as Search Results LLC that cannot get rid of. Usually, this threat would like to install it related add-on as well as many other malware in compromised machine. Though users can realize and delete the apparent add-on infection, the redirect virus will still glue in your PC, and the hiden threats will keep smashing affected machine badly.
To be general, Search Results LLC virus is distributed by some unsafe downloading resource, suspicious websites and spam attainments in Facebook, Twitter or Email. Often, computer users prefer to have a full scan with their antivirus programs once they get alert of Search Results LLC virus. Please keep in mind that Search Results LLC is a destructive virus that has the ability to damage affected PC badly. Delaying removing the virus, it will send system data to third server via creating a backdoor. In so, remote hackers are able to access your PC easily and steal your sensitive data as they want. Therefore, it may be your wise choice to clean up your computer with manual removal, so that you can delete all its related processes, files and registry entries.
Tips for Protecting against Search Results LLC in the Future
• Use a firewall to block all incoming connections from the Internet to services that should not be publicly available. By default, you should deny all incoming connections and only allow services you explicitly want to offer to the outside world.
• Enforce a password policy. Complex passwords make it difficult to crack password files on compromised computers. This helps to prevent or limit damage when a computer is compromised.
• Ensure that programs and users of the computer use the lowest level of privileges necessary to complete a task. When prompted for a root or UAC password, ensure that the program asking for administration-level access is a legitimate application.
• Disable AutoPlay to prevent the automatic launching of executable files on network and removable drives, and disconnect the drives when not required. If write access is not required, enable read-only mode if the option is available.
• Turn off file sharing if not needed. If file sharing isrequired, use ACLs and password protection to limit access. Disable anonymous access to shared folders. Grant access only to user accounts with strong passwords to folders that must be shared.
How to Remove Win32 Smokeloader-AG [Trj]?
Method one: Manually Remove Win32 Smokeloader-AG [Trj]
Choose one of the methods to remove Win32 Smokeloader-AG [Trj] permanently from your PC, please perform all the steps in correct order.
Method one: Manually Remove Win32 Smokeloader-AG [Trj]
Step 1- Reset Internet Explorer by the following guide (take IE as an example):
Open Internet Explorer >> Click on Tools >> Click on Internet Options >> In the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab >> Then click on the LAN settings button>> Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
Step 2- Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 3- Show all hidden files
Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
Step 4- Remove these associated Files on your hard drive such as:
%Public%\Documents\*.* %ProgramData%\*.* %Temp%\[random] Win32 Smokeloader-AG [Trj].exe %StartupFolder%\wpbt0.dll
Step 5- Clear all the cookies of your affected web browsers.
Click on the “Tools” menu and select “Options”.
Click the “Under the Bonnet” tab, locate the “Privacy” section and Click the “Clear browsing data” button.
Select “Delete cookies and other site data” and clean up all cookies from the list.
Click on Tools, then Options, select Privacy
Click “Remove individual cookies”
In the Cookies panel, click on “Show Cookies”
To remove a single cookie click on the entry in the list and click on the “Remove Cookie button”
To remove all cookies click on the “Remove All Cookies button”
Open Internet explorer window
Click the “Tools” button
Point to “safety” and then click “delete browsing history”
Tick the “cookies” box and then click “delete”
Video on How to Remove Win32 Smokeloader-AG [Trj]:
Method two: Automatically Get Rid of Win32 Smokeloader-AG [Trj]
SpyHunter is designed as a simple way for the average computer user to protect their PC from online threats. It is automatically configured to give you the best protection. It provides reliable protection against all kinds of malicious threats including spyware, adware, hijackers, rootkits, and more. You can follow the instructions provided below to download and install SpyHunter successfully, and enjoy the immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Download SpyHunter by clicking the following download link:
2. Double-click on the downloaded file. If asked to allow program to make changes to this computer, click “Yes” button.
3. In this step, please accept the Licence Agreement and click “Next >” button.
4. After the definition database is downloaded, system scan will automatically start.
5. Remove all the threats.
Kindly reminder: Win32 Smokeloader-AG [Trj] will make more damages as time goes by, you should take action to remove it as soon as possible. As manual removal is very complicated, you must be very prudent during the whole removal process. If you are not familiar with the deletion of harmful files, processes, dll files and registry entries, it is suggested that you use automatic removal method. Download and install Spyhunter which is designed specifically to deal with Win32 Smokeloader-AG [Trj] here to regain a fast, clean and safe PC now.
Get a Safer, Cleaner & Faster PC!
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically.
- Terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware
- Safe, effective and complete
- Fix various PC problems
So, pick one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.