Have you run into an application called Windows Safety Wizard recently? If so, we bet it’s annoying and really aggressive. Anyway, you should know it is in fact a malicious rogue antivirus utility that might impact your computer in the worst way. Read this post to get more information about this virus.
What is Windows Safety Wizard?
Windows Safety Wizard is not the program which a user expects to get. No matter if you like it or not, it does what it was trained to, that is, attacks a computer, gradually ruins the system and deceives the user. This applies to a situation if your computer got infected with such rogue anti-spyware program in question of course. Windows Safety Wizard comes from the Rogue.FakeVimes family of bogus antivirus utilities that released Live Security Platinum and Windows Turnkey Console malware. All of them aim to gain commercial profit by taking advantage of users’ credulity. As we know, Windows Safety Wizard does not betray its counterparts, being a virus of misleading and advertising kind the program when rogue antivirus does not disclose actual threats. This rogue creates new registry keys in order to boot and run within Windows and penetrates into your system so deeply that you will find it hard to find all of its file traces. What’s more, it is not displayed on your Control Panel or pretty much anywhere else on your computer system, so that’s why your antivirus software couldn’t cope with it.
Screenshot of Windows Safety Wizard
Adverse effects of Windows Safety Wizard lead on computer
This malware is small enough to stay unnoticed while infesting a computer and at the same time has got plenty of guts to modify the system in a way. If all goes in accordance with the clandestine plan, the rest of the affiliated files get promoted on to your computer shortly. And then, a scan begins. It is a phony one that fulfills a really significant part of the corrupt objective as it reports many infections on your workstation. Windows Safety Wizard insists that you should go ahead and purchase the license and activate the commercial version of it, which is supposedly going to help you out of the mythical malware jeopardy. But nothing real will happen though, because all it claims are imaginary since there were none of threats in the first place. The only way to eliminate such bogus product is to ask for qualified specialist’s help to get the fake registry values and files deleted and the default configuration of the system restored. Unless this is done, Windows Safety Wizard will annoyingly demand you to purchase its commercial version.
Both Manual removal Removal Method and Automatic Removal Method are offered for you to remove Windows Safety Wizard completely from your PC !
Method one: Manually get rid of Windows Safety Wizard completely
1. check “Path to Executable” of the enabled services and remove the ones with executable pointing to Windows Safety Wizard.
- Use Win+ R key combination and put “services.msc” into the pop-up box.
- Hit Enter key will bring you to services window.
- Right click on the enabled services one by one to choose “Property”.
- Check “Path to Executable” to see if it is pointing to Windows Safety Wizard; if so, right click to remove/disable the service.
2. Go to Registry Editor, and clean up all suspicious registry files.
To completely remove Windows Safety Wizard, the key is to remove all leftovers about it which contain harmful files and registry entries.
- Open Registry Editor: Press (win key+R), type in “regedit” without the quotes in the box, and Enter.
- When the Registry Editor window opens, right-click to remove all the registry files related to it.
3. Delete all the Files of Windows Safety Wizard
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
- Open Start button and open Control Panel.
- Open Appearance and Personalization link.
- Double click on Files and Folder Option.
- Click on the Show hidden files and folders option.
- Select the “View” tab. “Show hidden files, folders and drives.”
- Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files. Click OK.
Remove all the suspicious files as follows:
Video Here to Help Remove Harmful Files:
1. Download Spyhunter in your PC.
2. Click Run to install Spyhunter
3. Fulfill the installation process as follows.
4. You can use Spyhunter to protect your homepage
5. Run Spyhunter to remove all the threats in your system.
To sum up: only the speedy Windows Safety Wizard removal can guarantee you regain a safe, clean and fast PC. Both the manual and automatic removal solutions above can help you permanently get rid of Windows Safety Wizard. Whiles, if you are not familiar with harmful files, registries and process removal, you’d better install Spyhunter to automatically remove Windows Safety Wizard and all other threats in your PC quickly and safely. Also, you can use Spyhunter to protect your system from being infected with other computer viruses from now on.
More Removal Guides
Still having trouble on dealing with tricky virus infections, stubborn errors, unwanted programs or any other headachy computer problems? Do not hesitate anymore! What you definitely need is a more specific, accurate and customized solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system. Tee Support recommends to you an award-winning anti-malware tool that gives you the easiest and most effective automatic solutions.Click Here to Download the Most Popular Anti-malware Now!