LessTabs (also known as Less Tabs) is classified as adware application that makes many internet users upset all around the world. As an extension for browser including IE, Firefox or Chrome, it’s usually added onto target computers in wretched manner when users unwarily download or install some free software (video or PDF creators) from unknown resource because typically, a software installer includes optional installs, take Less Tabs for example. Hence, in order to prevent from being entangled by similar viruses in future, you should be very prudent during the installation procedures, like deselecting what you’re not familiar or undesired.
Malware Type: Adware \ Browser helper object (BHO) \Toolbar
Security Level: ★★★★★ Severe \ Critical \ High
Major Affected OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, Vista and XP
Less Tabs gets inside a machine without any notice and therefore there is no sign of its intrusion until some weird symptoms happen. To be general, it’s prevalently implanted into Expedia, Best Buy, Facebook or any other shopping websites. When the user visits these sites, “Less Tabs” will appear within browser and harass him or her with irrelevant ads concerning the particular highlighted text. It’s noticeable that there are various coupon codes and online sales available on its sponsored links or products, which is just bait designed by cyber criminals to rip off unsuspected people for money. The longer time it stays in a compromised PC, the more damages it will trigger. Beyond any questions, it’s high time to get rid of Less Tabs as well as its bundled threats quickly and completely once it’s detected in a machine.
Screenshot of Less Tabs
Less Tabs Has Those Harmful Symptoms
- Less Tabs is adware that presents itself as a toolbar
- Less Tabs records your internet activity data
- Less Tabs displays lots of annoying commercial advertisements
- Less Tabs may come with spyware or other privacy-invasive software
- Less Tabs may prove difficult or impossible to remove
- Less Tabs steals your privacy and compromises your security
Less Tabs Manual Removal Step by Step
Step 1- Add /Remove Program
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, go to the “Start” menu, select “Control Panel”. Locate “Programs and Features”. Look for “Less Tabs” select this entry and click Uninstall.
If you are using Windows Xp, Click “Start”, choose “Settings” and click “Control Panel”. Locate and click “Add or Remove Programs”. Look for “Less Tabs” select this entry and click Remove.
Step 2- Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections from Less Tabs
For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Less Tabs.
For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from Less Tabs.
Step 3- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Manage Add-ons';
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’, select ‘General tab’ and click ‘Use default’ button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings';
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’.
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Results’ from the list remove it by clicking the “X” mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engines….';
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the ‘General tab';
Step 4- Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 5- Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
Step 6- Remove these associated Files on your hard drive such as:
Step 7- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settingsrandom HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorerDisallowRun HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRunrandom HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\random
Step 8-Restart your computer normally to check if the virus is removed or not.
Automatic Removal Tool (Recommended)
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application that designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware, etc. It is important to notice that SpyHunter removal tool works well and should run alongside existing security programs without any conflicts.
Step 1. Download SpyHunter by clicking on the icon below.
Step 2. Follow the details to complete the installation process. (Double click on the download file and follow the prompts to install the program.)
Step 3. After the installation, run SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” button to have a full or quick scan on your computer.
Step 4. Tick “Select all” and press “Remove” button to get rid of all the detected threats on your computer.
Video Guide on How to Modify Windows Registry Entries
NOTE: If you haven’t sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system permanently. If you are not very good at computer, you are recommended to download Best Virus Removal Tool SpyHunter here to help you automatically remove the virus from your computer.