Is www.Somoto.com taking over your homepage? Are your search engines being redirected to Somoto search? This step-by-step guide can help you safely and quickly remove Somoto Toolbar and somoto search hijacker. If you have any problem during the removal process, you can follow this article to learn more about it.
What is Somoto.com Search?
Somoto.com is a pirate search engine as well as a browser hijacker. Somoto.com is the same thing as BigSeekPro.com search; they change your homepage, redirect your google search results and install Somoto Toolbar. Somoto.com is a empty shell which is not going to respond your search with valuable information but redirects your to irrelevant sites, mostly advertisements and funny sites where malicious codes are usually embedded. Unsafe sites and advertisements are always the most popular way to spread trojans, worms, and spyware, you can never be too careful. Somoto.com and Somoto toolbar are usually comes with free software and are installed unconsciously, if you are careful enough you will be able to avoid those annoying toolbars.
What Harms does Somoto.com do to a Computer?
- Somoto.com is installed/ run without your permission and won’t allow you to remove it.
- Somoto.com may download additional spyware and virus to your system.
- Somoto.com randomly redirect you to websites and displays pop-up advertisements.
- Somoto.com slows down computer speed and makes your browser unrepond frequently.
How to Get Rid of Somoto Toolbar and Somoto Homepage Completely
1. Go to Control Panel and uninstall Somoto Toolbar from Add/Remove Programs list.
2. Remove Somoto Toolbar add-on from your browsers. For example, on Internet Explorer, click on “Tools” and choose “Manage Add-ons”, click “Add-ons and Extensions”, and then remove Somoto Toolbar from the list. On FireFox, click on “Tools” and choose “Add-ons”, click “extentions” and then remove “Somoto Toolbar”.
3. If Somoto Toolbar still appears, check the following directories and remove Somoto Toolbar associated files:
C:\Program Files\Somoto Toolbar C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\[you can clear the whole folder] C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temp\[you can clear the whole folder]
4.The registry entries of Somoto Toolbar that need to be removed are listed as follows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Somoto Toolbar HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Somoto Toolbar
5. Launch your browser, click “Tools” on the menu bar, choose “Internet Options” and then clear internet history records, internet temp files and cookies, reset homepage.
6. Restart your browser, Somoto Toolbar and somoto.com search will be gone.
Remove Somoto Toolbar With Spyhunter:
1) Please click this download icon below to install Spyhunter.
2) Install Spyhunter Step by Step:
3) Run a scan with SpyHunter and remove all detected threats.
4) Remove reported threats.
Related Removal Guides
Still having trouble on dealing with tricky virus infections, stubborn errors, unwanted programs or any other headachy computer problems? Then, you definitely need a more specific, accurate and customized solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system. Tee Support is an award-winning online tech service with over 5-year dedicated experience. Tee Support experts provide sophisticated manual solutions.Learn More and Sign up for Tee Support Online Service Now!