Infected with Websearch.search-guide.info virus? Every new tab is redirected to Websearch.search-guide.info? Have tried various methods to remove it, but no luck? Continue to read this post to get an efficient solution.
Learn More About Websearch.search-guide.info
Websearch.search-guide.info virus is classified as a nasty browser hijacker, which makes hoax to targeted PC. Websearch.search-guide.info is always promoted by third party programs. Generally, users may get this virus when they installed desired programs without checking the installation processes, open spam email attachments, click malicious link and so on. So it is very important to keep a good browsing habit though reputable antivirus programs have been installed.
Once infected, all the installed browsers will be hijacked by Websearch.search-guide.info, every new tab is forced to redirect to Websearch.search-guide.info as well. Each time you reload this bogus search engine, the picture below its search box will be changed.
Meanwhile, it cannot provide reliable search results to your search queries, and the amount of search result information is extremely poor, which also contains ads and sponsored links. Users will also under high risk that your PC will be infected with more adwares, spyware, rogue ware, even ransomware.
When you found Websearch.search-guide.info virus or similar infections appear in the screen, you should take action to remove it as soon as possible.
Websearch.search-guide.info is Dangerous
1. Websearch.search-guide.info attacks system without any permission
2. Websearch.search-guide.info will hijack, redirect and modify your web browser
3. Websearch.search-guide.info may install additional spyware to your computer
4. Websearch.search-guide.info takes up high resources and strikingly slow down your computer speed
5. Websearch.search-guide.info causes your computer stuck frequently
Many Likes for These 2 Solutions
Soutions 1 : Remove Websearch.search-guide.info Manually by Yourself
Solution 2 : Remove Websearch.search-guide.info Automatically with the Help of the Powerful Spyhunter
Details for Solution 1 – Remove Websearch.search-guide.info Manually by Yourself
Step 1: Go to Control Panel, and remove any related to Websearch.search-guide.info virus and unwanted program.
Step 2: Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together and stop Websearch.search-guide.info processes in the Windows Task Manager.
Step 3: Reset browsers settings
On Internet explorer:
1. Click arrow on the right of search box.
2. Do the following: on IE8-9 choose Manage Search Providers, on IE7 click Change Search Defaults.
3. Remove Websearch.search-guide.info from the list.
On Firefox :
1. Enter “about:config” in url bar. This will open settings page.
2. Type “Keyword.url” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
3. Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
4. Type “browser.search.selectedengine” in the search box. Right click it & reset it.
5. Search for “browser.newtab.url”. Right-click and reset. This will make sure that the search page won’t launch on each new tab.
On Google Chrome:
1. Click 3 horizontal lines icon on browser toolbar.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Basics ->Manage Search engines.
4. Remove unnecessary search engines from list.
5. Go back to Settings. On Startup choose Open blank page ( you can remove undesired pages from the set pages link too).
Step 4: Detect and remove Websearch.search-guide.info associated files listed below:
%Temp%random.exe %AppData%[trojan name]toolbardtx.ini %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarguid.dat
Step 5: Open the Registry Editor, search for and delete these Registry Entries created by Websearch.search-guide.info.
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ Websearch.search-guide.info HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses[trojan name]IEHelper.DNSGuardCurVer HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses[trojan name]IEHelper.DNSGuardCLSID
Manual Removal Guide for Websearch.search-guide.info Virus
Note: Feel like the manual removal a little complicated? Wanna try something simple and automatic? Do you still have other choice? YES! The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can be your first choice to remove Websearch.search-guide.info simply and automatically. Download and install Spyhunter to kick Websearch.search-guide.info out of your computer without any hesitation!
Details for Solution 2 – Remove Websearch.search-guide.info Automatically with the Help of the Powerful Spyhunter
Step 2: click ” Yes, protect my homepage” to protect your browser.
Step 3: Click “Scan Now” to scan your computer to block Websearch.search-guide.info
Websearch.search-guide.info should be got rid of without any discussion since you are going through a lot of mess. Spyhunter not only can uninstall Websearch.search-guide.info but also can protect your computer from other sorts of malware like trojan, spyware and ransomware in the future. Download and Install Spyhunter to be your first computer safeguard
More Removal Guides
Get a Safer, Cleaner & Faster PC!
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically.
- Terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware
- Safe, effective and complete
- Fix various PC problems
So, pick one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.