How to Remove Websearch.oversearch.info Browser Hijacker – Get Rid of Websearch.oversearch.info Redirect Virus?Published September 23rd, 2013 by Betty A Lance
Homepage is hijacked by Websearch.oversearch.info virus? Every new tab has same issue? Have tried many methods, but fail? This post will tell you how to do.
Learn More About Websearch.oversearch.info Virus
Type: Browser Hijacker/ Redirect Virus
Alert level: Severe
Targeted Browsers：Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and so on.
Targeted OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.
Websearch.oversearch.info is a nasty and stubborn browser hijacker that only damages the compromised computer. As the picture shown above, its web address contains Websearch.oversearch.info and the date that users visit it. Experienced computer users will not visit this website any more when they see its coarse webpage that only contains a search box, search button and a changing hyperlink image. That image will display promoted product information.
If you click the image, you will be redirected some products website, the example is following:
The promoted products may be paid products and not sure that whether their functions are powerful or not, or even they are malwares. Tee Support Experts remind users not to click untrusted links, otherwise you may increase the potential that your PC gets infections.
Users also cannot get the accurate search results from its search engine but tons of ads and sponsored links. Meanwhile, the web address redirects to other website when searching something desired via Websearch.oversearch.info search engine.
None of legit company will do this way. Generally, users will be satisfied with Google, Bing, Yahoo these kinds of powerful search engines. What’s worse, Websearch.oversearch.info can modify your browsers settings and hijack homepage, default search engine and every new tab. It can also collect users personal data like browsing habit, financial information, contacts and so on. Usually, infections will not work alone, users will find that several unknown programs have installed in the computer when checking Control Panel without permission. To ensure the computer security, users are strongly recommended to remove Websearch.oversearch.info virus without any delay.
What harm does Websearch.oversearch.info do?
Websearch.oversearch.info penetrates into computer without any recognition;
Websearch.oversearch.info may bring in other terrible threats to your PC;
Websearch.oversearch.info drives your personal data into high risk of exposure to the open;
Websearch.oversearch.info may redirect the browser to unwanted websites that contain more viruses or spywares;
Websearch.oversearch.info will degrade the computer performance significantly and crash down the system randomly.
Solutions That Really Works
Soutions 1 : Remove Websearch.oversearch.info Manually by Yourself
Details for Solution 1 – Remove Websearch.oversearch.info Manually by Yourself
1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of Websearch.oversearch.info.
3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Show hidden files and delete these files created by Websearch.oversearch.info:
%AppData%\[random].ini %Temp%\[random].exe %System%\drivers\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].sys %CommonPrograms%\Startup\Launch\[random].lnk
5. Delete all registry values related to Websearch.oversearch.info in your local hard disk C.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\[random]
Useful Video Removal Guide
Details for Solution 2 – Remove Websearch.oversearch.info Automatically by Spyhunter
Step 2: click ” Yes, protect my homepage” to protect your browser.
Step 3: Click “Scan Now” to scan your computer to block Websearch.oversearch.info
More Removal Guides
Get a Safer, Cleaner & Faster PC!
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically.
- Terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware
- Safe, effective and complete
- Fix various PC problems
So, pick one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.