Overview of quibids.com
A complaint from victim of quibids.com virus:
Since last night, I have been experiencing some troubles browsing the web. Sometimes, it takes time before the page begins to load. This morning, while surfing the Internet, my Internet Explorer keeps on redirecting to various web address, particularly to http://www.quibids.com/en/. I have run a scan with MSE antivirus on my computer but after testing the system for nearly an hour, MSE just reports that the system is clean, detecting no traces of quibids.com redirect infection. I searched some information about quibids.com from Google and know that it belongs to one type of browser malware as well as part of adware. But how does it get inside my PC and what should I do to fix this annoying issue? I’m truly appreciated for any suggestion that can solve this problem quickly. Thanks in advance.
Browser Hijacker \ Redirect Virus \ Adware
Severe \ High Level \Critical
Major Targeted Browsers：
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.
Quibids.com (http://www.quibids.com/en/) is a severely hazardous browser redirect threat which designed by cyber criminals to replace users’ browser homepages in a forcible fashion. Basically, this virus will silently modify your default search engine’s settings and lock your homepage at http://www.quibids.com/en/. Even though you open a new tap, it still gets rerouted to this malicious domain, which always floods you with numerous pesky pop-up advertisements keeping trying to sell you some useless products so that those virus makers can collect as much money as possible! As a victim of this redirect, no matter which one it is – Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, quibids.com will come out whenever you are using web search, substituting the right search results via normal browsers. It is in such an immoral way that the owner of the domain can earn more cash from its ads sponsors since the increasing number of internet users have suffered from it recently. What’s worse, your confidential information such as browser history will be endangered seriously if there is no timely removal. So, how to fix this? Typically, it takes more than just changing your homepage or search engine via regular settings, nor does reinstalling browser work. This is due to the presence of an infection, like rootkit or Trojan horse, inside your system, which helps the virus well conceal in the compromised PC deep and mutate at quick speed. There is no surprise to learn that such things can sneak into a machine via a variety of online sources, so the user might not even be aware of this bug getting in. As auto-removal fails to catch this virus, it would be wise to isolate and exterminate quibids.com with manual solution as quickly as you can. Please follow this step-by-step guide or get help from Online Computer Expert for instant help.
Quibids.com is a big threat to your system
- This redirect virus will constantly redirect your internet connection and tell you that you are browsing unsafely.
- Your computer is acting slowly. This web browser slows down your system significantly. This includes starting up, shutting down, playing games, and surfing the web.
- Searches are redirected or your homepage and desktop are settings are changed. This is an obvious symptom of this infection.
- The cyber threat will shut down your other anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. It will also infect and corrupt your registry, leaving your computer totally unsafe.
- You are getting pestered with lots of pop ups. The hijacker virus infects your registry and uses it to launch annoying pop up ads out of nowhere.
Why doesn’t antivirus software help?
The quibids.com virus, as many other viruses, is created with malicious code and is changed daily or more often. That’s why any of the antivirus programs can’t keep up to remove the virus. When victim users tried with various security tools, they did not eliminate the virus, but messed up the computer more. Any unsure method is not recommended to remove the virus, but manual removal has always been the most effective way to get rid of it.
Step-by-step guides to uninstall quibids.com manually
Step 1- Reset Internet Explorer by the following guide (take IE as an example):
Open Internet Explorer >> Click on Tools >> Click on Internet Options >> In the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab >> Then click on the LAN settings button>> Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
Step 2- Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections from quibids.com
For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from quibids.com.
For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated from quibids.com.
Step 3- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’, select ‘General tab’ and click ‘Use default’ button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’.
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Results’ from the list remove it by clicking the “X” mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engines….’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the ‘General tab’;
Step 4- Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 5- Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
Step 6- Remove these associated Files on your hard drive such as:
Step 7- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settingsrandom HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorerDisallowRun HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRunrandom HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon "Shell" = "[random].exe"
Step 8-Restart your computer normally to check whether there is still redirection while browsing.
Learn to remove quibids.com by watching this video
NOTE: The above mentioned manual removal process is really risky and cumbersome which should be handled with adequate expertise skills. So, this removal job is only suggested for those advanced PC users, because any mistake of removing critical files and registry entries will lead to your computer crash terribly. To get your PC problem resolved successfully within only a short period of time, you’d better consult computer experts 24/7 online to help you remove quibids.com from your PC completely.
Tee Support is an award-winning online tech service 24/7. Tee Support experts provide sophisticated manual solutions:
- terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware that an antivirus program can not!
- specific solution for your specific system: Safe, Effective, Complete.
- many more services covering various PC problems to meet your requirements.
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically. So, pick up one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
However, professional online technical support is highly recommended if you want a more specific, accurate and effective solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.
Award-winning Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus software protects your PC against privacy and tracking threats. Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus detects, removes and secures your PC from potential spyware, viruses, worms and tracking threats.