LookingLink ads keep popping up in your computer? Have tried many ways to remove it, but end with failure? Continue to read this post, you may know how to do that.
Troubles That LookingLink Can Bring to Your Computer
1. LookingLink comes to system without permission
2. LookingLink displays tons of ads popups to targeted PC
3. LookingLink occupies huge system resource and leads to poor performance
4. LookingLink affects your browser default functions
5. LookingLink may bring other unwanted programs to the compromised PC
Analysis on LookingLink
LookingLink is classified as an annoying adware, PUP(potentially unwanted program), which will bring a series of troubles to targeted PC. It is not a virus, but it will be assumed as a virus or malware by inexperienced users due to its aggravating symptoms. LookingLink is always bundled with free downloads including media player, video, security tools and so on. When users want to download and install their desired programs, LookingLink will have chance to sneak into computer system if users do not like to check every installation step.
Once installed, LookingLink will begin its actions behind your eyes automatically. It adds its browser extensions to popular web browsers(Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome) in your computer. When users visit websites via those browsers, especially online shopping websites, LookingLink will pop up its ads box in your desktop while the cursor hovers over product images or specific keywords with hyperlink, and show you comparison price, coupons, deals etc. Meanwhile, you may feel computer performance weird gradually, most of the programs takes long time to response your requests as well as boot up system speed. There may be other unwanted programs running in the background to influence the system performance.
Solutions Worth of Your Trying
Soutions 1 : Remove LookingLink Manually by Yourself
Details for Solution 1 – Remove LookingLink Manually by Yourself
Step 1– Remove LookingLink From Control Panel
Step 2– Remove LookingLink add-ons:
1) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’, select ‘General tab’ and click ‘Use default’ button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’.
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Results’ from the list remove it by clicking the “X” mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engines….’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the ‘General tab’;
Step 3– Delete associated files created by LookingLink:
%temp% LookingLink %appadata%random.exe
Step 4– Delete associated registry values:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ LookingLink HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\ LookingLink HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ LookingLink
Similar Video Removal Guide for LookingLink
Manual removal requires expertise and your patience. If you are tired of removing it by yourself or you may want to avoid the trouble that may cause by deleting inappropriate files, maybe downloading and installing antivirus program Spyhunter is your best Choice.
Details for Solution 2 – Remove LookingLink Automatically with the Help of the Powerful Spyhunter
Step 2: click ” Yes, protect my homepage” to protect your browser.
Step 3: Click “Scan Now” to scan your computer to block LookingLink
The Last Tip
LookingLink should be removed out of your computer right now in order to protect your computer and your confidential information on your computer. The left of LookingLink will bring more troubles to your computer. Stop LookingLink Right Now with Spyhunter!
More Removal Guides
Still having trouble on dealing with tricky virus infections, stubborn errors, unwanted programs or any other headachy computer problems? Then, you definitely need a more specific, accurate and customized solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system. Tee Support is an award-winning online tech service with over 5-year dedicated experience. Tee Support experts provide sophisticated manual solutions.Learn More and Sign up for Tee Support Online Service Now!