Is your computer infected with ProtectPcs? This step-by-step guide can help you safely and quickly remove ProtectPcs.
ProtectPcs is a deceptive program. It is installed by trojans that spread masked as Adobe Flash updates and video codecs. Protect Pcs generates enormous amounts of counterfeit security alerts. The pop-ups prompt buying the program for deleting computer parasites. If ProtectPcs alerts appear on screen of your PC, keep in mind that ProtectPcs itself is a computer infection and remove it as quickly as possible.
ProtectPcs Identified as Security Threat by Impressions
- ProtectPcs reputation/ rating online is terrible.
- The official website of ProtectPcs is poorly built without contact info.
- The payments website of ProtectPcs is suspicious & claims your OS is unsafe.
- Poor Performance like highly-consumed system resources is caused by ProtectPcs.
Solution one:Technical Details for Removing ProtectPcs Manually:
Step1: Stop the running processes of ProtectPcs in the Windows Task Manager
Step2: Remove any programs related to ProtectPcs from Control Panel.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Click Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
3. Remove any suspicious progarams.
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Click Control Panel and then click Add or Remove Programs.
3. Uninstall any suspicious progarams.
1. Press Win+R.
2. Type in control panel and click OK.
3. Select Uninstall a program.
4. Remove the any suspicious progarams..
Step3: Remove harmful extensions added by ProtectPcs from your browsers:
1. Launch IE and tap Alt+T.
2. Once you see Tools menu, go to Manage Add-ons ->Toolbars and Extensions.
3. Now select the add-on you want to remove (SurfCanyon) and select Disable.
1. Launch Mozilla and tap Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time. You should see Add-ons Manager there.
2. Go to Extensions, look for the ProtectPcs and related items and remove them.
1. Launch Google Chrome and tap Alt+F
2. Once you start seeing the menu, select Tools -> Extensions.
3. Choose the add-on you want to delete and click on the trash icon.
Step4: Let’s go to Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "" = "%AppData%\.exe" HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\random.exe
Video Removal for ProtectPcs
If manual removal method is kinda difficult for you, you can follow the automatic removal guide as below to get rid of ProtectPcs permanently from your system.
Solution two: Automatically remove ProtectPcs easily with SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application that designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware,etc. It is important to note that SpyHunter removal tool works well and should run alongside existing security programs without any conflicts.
Step one: Click the Download icon to download SpyHunter in your PC.
Step two: Install Spyhunter in your PC as follows.
Step three: After the installation, run SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” button to have a full or quick scan on your PC.
Step four: Choose Select all>Remove to get rid of all the threats on your PC.
Note: to enjoy an optimal online experience and protect your operating system, ProtectPcs should be removed without any hesitation. If you haven’t sufficient expertise in manually dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system permanently. If you are not very good at computer, you are recommended to download Spyhunter to automatically remove ProtectPcs from your PC. Also, all the potential threats in your system will be removed completely after the scan of Spyhunter.
More Removal Guides
Get a Safer, Cleaner & Faster PC!
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically.
- Terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware
- Safe, effective and complete
- Fix various PC problems
So, pick one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.