Is your computer infected with DefenceLab?This step-by-step guide can help you safely and quickly remove DefenceLab.
DefenceLab is a fake security tool disguised as a legitimate antispyware application that will only cause damage to any system it has infiltrated. DefenceLab always pop-ups some FakeAlert messages to deceive people into purchasing its products. DefenceLab is sneaky, and may hide itself within registry files on an infected system; therefore a completely manual removal is necessary in order to protect your system against the threat of DefenceLab.
DefenceLab Identified as Security Threat by Impressions
- DefenceLab reputation/ rating online is terrible.
- The official website of DefenceLab is poorly built without contact info.
- The payments website of DefenceLab is suspicious & claims your OS is unsafe.
- Poor Performance like highly-consumed system resources is caused by DefenceLab.
Two effective methods are provided for you to remove DefenceLab completely from your system.
Method one: Step by Step Manual Removal Guide for DefenceLab
Learn to show hidden files that of DefenceLab
1. Open Folder Options: clicking the Start button> Control Panel> Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options. After that clicking the View tab.
2. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
Completely removing DefenceLab manually
1. Launch the Task Manager by pressing keys “CTRL + Shift + ESC”, search for DefenceLab processes and right-click to end them.
2. Get rid of the following files created by DefenceLab:
%System%\drivers\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].sys %Temp%\[random] C:\WINDOWS\system32\[random name].dll C:\Windows\System32\lxbu_device.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\NCUSBw32.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\amdk8.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\avidstartup.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\mail2ec.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\o2flash.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\p1131vid.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\tb2launch.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdica.dll
3. Open Registry Editor (in Windows XP, go to Start Menu, run, type in “Regedit” and press OK; in Windows 7 & Windows Vista, go to Start menu, Search, type in “Regedit”), find out the following DefenceLab registry entries and delete:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Use FormSuggest" = 'Yes' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "CertificateRevocation" = '0' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "WarnonBadCertRecving" = '0' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop "NoChangingWallPaper" = '1' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations "LowRiskFileTypes" = '.zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;.scr;' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments "SaveZoneInformation" = '1' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer "NoDesktop" = '1' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableTaskMgr" = '1' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "[random].exe" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "[random]" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "DisableTaskMgr" = '1' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download "CheckExeSignatures" = 'no' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "Hidden" = '0' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "ShowSuperHidden" = '0'
Helpful Video Guide for Manual Removal
Method two: Remove DefenceLab Automatically with SpyHunter
If you are not good at computer, this is the best way to remove DefenceLab from your system as SpyHunter is designed specifically which will automatically detect all the threats in the PC and then remove them completely.
1. Click the “Download” button to download SpyHunter.
2. Run the file by double clicking it, and then click the Save button to start the installations process.
3. Follow the steps on Setup Wizard to complete the SpyHunter installation process.
4. After the installation, run Spyhunter to regain a clean and safe PC.
Note: DefenceLab is very tricky, it mutates frequently and changes its names usually. You must be very careful when you manually delete its malicious files, registries and folders. If you are not professional, you are recommended to download Spyhunter - the useful and popular antivirus software to automatically remove DefenceLab and other threats from your system completely. In order to protect your PC from being infected with computer viruses in the future, you are also suggested to use Spyhunter to scan your PC at regular time.
More Removal Guides
Still having trouble on dealing with tricky virus infections, stubborn errors, unwanted programs or any other headachy computer problems? Then, you definitely need a more specific, accurate and customized solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system. Tee Support is an award-winning online tech service with over 5-year dedicated experience. Tee Support experts provide sophisticated manual solutions.Learn More and Sign up for Tee Support Online Service Now!