Is your computer getting annoying “Memory could not be read or written” error? This step-by-step guide here can help you completely remove all the components and files of “Memory could not be read or written”. If you have any problem during the removal process, you can follow this article to learn more about it.
“Memory could not be read or written” Error Description
Many people may get such a disturbing warning saying “0x00000XXX memory could not be read or written” as they run some large programs and games or browsers, and won’t be able to open the programs. To crack this “Memory could not be read or written”, we need to find out what’s the real cause and use the specific solution.
Possible Reasons that Cause “Memory could not be read or written” Error and How to Fix
1. Invalid Plug-ins
In the process of web browsing, many plug-ins can be secretly installed to the computer system, and they are usually difficult to delete. Those plug-ins can easily lead to conflicts with other applications which directly cause the memory read and write errors.
How to Fix: Remove Invalid plug-ins. Let’s take FireFox for example, launch a firefox windows, click “Tools” , select “Add-ons”, remove unnecessary add-ons and plug-ins. It is also necessary to use a powerful security software to regularly check whether the system is installed a variety of junk software program and plug-ins, if any, clean them in a timely manner.
2. System Service is malicious modified
Windows Management Instrumentation service is tightly relevant to the memory read and write operation, which if mistakenly modified or stop will definitely lead to memory read/write failure.
How to Fix: Manually repair Windows Management Instrumentation service. Here are the detailed steps:
1) Right click “My Computer” icon on the desktop, select “Manage”, then “Computer Management Computer (local)”, then “Services and Applications”, then “Services”, on the right side area, locate Windows Management Instrumentation service, right click and pause the service.
2) Locate C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository directory and back up all the files in Repository folder, when the backup is completed, clean Repository folder.
3) Restart your computer, locate Windows Management Instrumentation service as step 1) and right click and start Windows Management Instrumentation service again. This time Windows Management Instrumentation service will be working normally.
3. Memory read/write associated system files are damaged or missing.
If your computer is accidently infected with virus or encountered with some mistaken operation and cause the memory read/write associated system files corrupted or missing. It will not be surprised for you to get the “Memory could not be read or written” error warning.
How to Fix: remove security threats and repair system files.
1) Firstly run a full scan with a powerful security software to remove potential security threats. If antivirus software is not capable to remove the infections, you can try a manual removal.
2) Use SFC Command to repair corrupted system files. Go to start menu, run “CMD ” without quotation marks, input sfc /scannow in the pop-up command windows and press Enter. This command will scan every corner of your system, once it find any damaged or improper system files, it will pop up a prompt to ask you insert Windows setup disk to extract the correct system files to replace the damaged ones. If the system repair operation is successful, after restart, you will see no more “Memory could not be read or written” error messages.
4. System memory usage is too high
We all know that running a large program or game consume considerable system memory resources, if there is not enough memory you may probably get “Memory could not be read or written” error.
How to Fix: Firstly, restart your computer and close unnecessary applications and turn off background monitoring software. To avoid this error, it is recommended to upgrade the memory in order to expand the effective use of memory space.
How to solve this issue with Spyhunter?
You may follow this manual removal procedure step by step to get rid of this virus, but it is quite complicated actually. So, if you are not a computer savvy, I recommend you to handle this problem with Spyhunter for which it is more easier. Meanwhile, Spyhunter can protect your computer in the future.
1. Download Spyhunter antivirus program by clicking the icon below;
2. To find out every threats in your computer, you need to do a full canning with spyhunter;(It takes a while depends on size of files in your computer)
3. After that, you should select every detected threats and remove it all;
4. Reboot your computer and check it again to make sure if it is gone completely.
If you still fail to fix “Memory could not be read or written” after finishing the above steps, you are recommend to remove this threat easily, shortly and automatically, you can choose to use Spyhunter. Download Spyhunter by clicking here to scan virus freely.
Related Removal Guides
Still having trouble on dealing with tricky virus infections, stubborn errors, unwanted programs or any other headachy computer problems? Then, you definitely need a more specific, accurate and customized solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system. Tee Support is an award-winning online tech service with over 5-year dedicated experience. Tee Support experts provide sophisticated manual solutions.Learn More and Sign up for Tee Support Online Service Now!