What Is Ads by BlockAndSurf?
Do you keep receiving pop up ads from “Ads by BlockAndSurf”? It is also classified as an adware which can display you pop up ads, banners or sponsored links to interfere with your browsing activities. Once installed, it can corrupt your default browser settings and may redirect you to unknown websites which will bombard with bunches of unwanted commercial ads. As we all know, adware program is designed by cyber hackers to increase web traffic and generate profit from it. to live with this “Ads by BlockAndSurf” adware, many computer users would find that their computer is running slower and slower than before, keep it longer, more useless browser extensions or toolbars will be invited to come to compromise your computer. Is it the only thing that Ads by BlockAndSurf adware do on your computer? I am afraid not. It is also designed to track and store your online traces like search keywords, favorites, bookmarks, data, browser history, etc.
Usually it can sneak into your computer via visiting questionable websites like adults sites or clicking malicious pop up ads, unknown attachments, downloading free software from unsafe websites. Remember to update your antivirus database frequently and not to visiting the questionable sits would be a good way to avoid getting the similar infection. This “Ads by BlockAndSurf” adware can disguise its related files to avoid easy removal. To completely get rid of this Ads by BlockAndSurf adware, we have to deal with browser history, cookies, data, browser extensions and you are welcome to follow the removal guide listed below:
Step by Step Guide to Manually Remove Ads by BlockAndSurf
Step 1- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’, select ‘General tab’ and click ‘Use default’ button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’.
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Results’ from the list remove it by clicking the “X” mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engines….’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the ‘General tab’;
Step 2- Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 3- Remove these associated Files on your hard drive such as:
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.dll %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe
Step 4- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced “ShowSuperHidden” = 0
Step 5-Restart your computer normally to check the effectiveness.
Reference Video on How to Remove Ads by BlockAndSurf
Note: Ads by BlockAndSurf has many variants, if you cannot get rid of it on your own, you are welcome to contact Tee Support agents 24/7 online for live help.
Get a Safer, Cleaner & Faster PC!
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically.
- Terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware
- Safe, effective and complete
- Fix various PC problems
So, pick one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.