Has your antivirus such as MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) detected a threat named “Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V”? Are you annoyed by this bug which constantly appears every five minutes although it’s in quarantine? Where does it come from? What is it going to do inside your system? Is it harmless or dangerous to your precious data and personal files? Why does it fail to be killed by antivirus software? How to get rid of it permanently? Learn from this post and you can find a useful way to remove it.
Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V Information
Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V is a perilous Trojan infection which may relate to Google search redirect virus or browser hijacker, which used by cyber crooks to hijack all famous search engines like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome via altering the default DNS settings and homepage without any knowledge. It’s the existence of Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V that has smashed a great many computer users so far no matter which operation system is installed onto compromised machine, including Windows Xp, vista, win 7 or win 8. In general way, the vicious threat glues its corrupted codes on spam email attachments and pornographic websites that share pirated version of software. Also, it is possible to get contracted with Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V when you’re keen on downloading some free application from unknown resources. No doubts that we should attach much attention while we’re performing similar acts through the internet.
When you computer is stuck with Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V, it will not only make havoc on your web browser but also other ports of system. For example, it may degrade the overall PC performance significantly via taking up a large amount of CPU and RAM room of the affected PC. It makes the target machine vulnerable for implanting additional threats, like Trojan, worm, ransomware, or fake AV programs. To make matters worse, Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V may open a backdoor to allow remote hackers and acquire infected computer and pilfer victim’s confidential information for illegal usage. It’s noticeable that Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V performs like a time-bomb that can maximize the damages onto the target PCs. Once found, it must be got rid of as early as possible before irreparable damages from it.
Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V Has Those Harmful Symptoms
- The virus endangers your Internet environment by redirecting your web searches to other harmful domain which carries more threatening viruses and deceives you to download free software, videos, games and files, etc.
- It allows remote access to compromise your computer by changing your PC system settings, registry settings and files to capture and steal your personal privacy data without any permission.
- It infects with lots of bundled malware, malicious spyware, adware parasites, and all these harmful PC threats can deep hide in your system, processes, files and folders.
- This Trojan significantly slows down your computer performance and sometimes makes system crashed randomly.
Step-by-Step Guides to Uninstall Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V Manually
Before performing the process, we suggest you back up Windows registry at first for unpredictable damages or further usage.
1: Stop Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V running processes in Windows Task Manager first.
(Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
2: Open Control Panel in Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
3: Go to the Registry Editor and remove all Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V registry entries listed here:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box to search)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” =Random HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\run\Random.exe
4: All Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V associated files listed below need to be removed:
%APPDATA%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].js %APPDATA%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].pad %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\runctf.lnk
5: Clear your internet history records, internet temp files and cookies.
Automatic Removal Tool for Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application that designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware, etc. It is important to notice that SpyHunter removal tool works well and should run alongside existing security programs without any conflicts.
Step 1. Download SpyHunter by clicking on the icon below.
Step 2. Follow the details to complete the installation process. (Double click on the download file and follow the prompts to install the program.)
Step 3. After the installation, run SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” button to have a full or quick scan on your computer.
Step 4. Tick “Select all” and press “Remove” button to get rid of all the detected threats on your computer.
Video Guide on How to Modify Windows Registry Entries
1) This tricky virus just uses random file names in same system directories or even its mutating versions will use different directories to escape various security tools’ detection and add more difficulty to manual removal.
2) If you haven’t sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system permanently after you delete crucial computer files by mistake.
3) Want to safely and completely remove this perky mutating Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V virus infection but you cannot figure out a way since various security tools failed to remove it? Download Spyhunter to remove any stubborn computer threat automatically!
Get a Safer, Cleaner & Faster PC!
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically.
- Terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware
- Safe, effective and complete
- Fix various PC problems
So, pick one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.