Has your antivirus such as MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) detected a threat named “Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V”? Are you annoyed by this bug which constantly appears every five minutes although it’s in quarantine? Where does it come from? What is it going to do inside your system? Is it harmless or dangerous to your precious data and personal files? Why does it fail to be killed by antivirus software? How to get rid of it permanently? Learn from this post and you can find a useful way to remove it.
Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V Information
Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V is a perilous Trojan infection which may relate to Google search redirect virus or browser hijacker, which used by cyber crooks to hijack all famous search engines like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome via altering the default DNS settings and homepage without any knowledge. It’s the existence of Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V that has smashed a great many computer users so far no matter which operation system is installed onto compromised machine, including Windows Xp, vista, win 7 or win 8. In general way, the vicious threat glues its corrupted codes on spam email attachments and pornographic websites that share pirated version of software. Also, it is possible to get contracted with Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V when you’re keen on downloading some free application from unknown resources. No doubts that we should attach much attention while we’re performing similar acts through the internet.
When you computer is stuck with Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V, it will not only make havoc on your web browser but also other ports of system. For example, it may degrade the overall PC performance significantly via taking up a large amount of CPU and RAM room of the affected PC. It makes the target machine vulnerable for implanting additional threats, like Trojan, worm, ransomware, or fake AV programs. To make matters worse, Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V may open a backdoor to allow remote hackers and acquire infected computer and pilfer victim’s confidential information for illegal usage. It’s noticeable that Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V performs like a time-bomb that can maximize the damages onto the target PCs. Once found, it must be got rid of as early as possible before irreparable damages from it.
Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V Has Those Harmful Symptoms
- The virus endangers your Internet environment by redirecting your web searches to other harmful domain which carries more threatening viruses and deceives you to download free software, videos, games and files, etc.
- It allows remote access to compromise your computer by changing your PC system settings, registry settings and files to capture and steal your personal privacy data without any permission.
- It infects with lots of bundled malware, malicious spyware, adware parasites, and all these harmful PC threats can deep hide in your system, processes, files and folders.
- This Trojan significantly slows down your computer performance and sometimes makes system crashed randomly.
What’s the Best Efficient Way to Remove Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V?
In order to remove Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V, you may have tried lots of antivirus that you trust, but failed. Why? That’s because the security removal tools are not human beings and they cannot catch all the new things. They need to update their functions from time to time to catch the newly released viruses. However, it seems that the infections’ creators know about this and they design all the related files of the viruses in random names. What’s worse, the pests can mutate at quick speed. Thus, your antivirus cannot remove Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V completely. The most effective way to get rid of Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V is the manual removal. Here is a guide for you.
Step-by-Step Guides to Uninstall Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V Manually
Before performing the process, we suggest you back up Windows registry at first for unpredictable damages or further usage.
1: Stop Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V running processes in Windows Task Manager first.
(Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
2: Open Control Panel in Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
3: Go to the Registry Editor and remove all Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V registry entries listed here:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box to search)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” =Random HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\run\Random.exe
4: All Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V associated files listed below need to be removed:
%APPDATA%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].js %APPDATA%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].pad %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp\runctf.lnk
5: Clear your internet history records, internet temp files and cookies.
Video Guide on How to Modify Windows Registry Entries
1) This tricky virus just uses random file names in same system directories or even its mutating versions will use different directories to escape various security tools’ detection and add more difficulty to manual removal.
2) If you haven’t sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system permanently after you delete crucial computer files by mistake.
3) Want to safely and completely remove this perky mutating Virus: DOS/Rovnix.V virus infection but you cannot figure out a way since various security tools failed to remove it? Contact Tee Support’s 24/7 online computer expert to remove any stubborn computer threat manually!
Tee Support is an award-winning online tech service 24/7. Tee Support experts provide sophisticated manual solutions:
- terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware that an antivirus program can not!
- specific solution for your specific system: Safe, Effective, Complete.
- many more services covering various PC problems to meet your requirements.
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically. So, pick up one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
However, professional online technical support is highly recommended if you want a more specific, accurate and effective solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.
Award-winning Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus software protects your PC against privacy and tracking threats. Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus detects, removes and secures your PC from potential spyware, viruses, worms and tracking threats.