Is your PC getting pop ups from newversionupdate.com? Does it keep saying you need to update your Firefox when it is already outdated? If so, it appears you have been infected with newversionupdate.com pop-up. Do you want to learn how to remove the newversionupdate.com pop-up advertisement from your computer? This below mentioned post guide can help you effectively remove newversionupdate.com pop-up from your PC.
what is newversionupdate.com pop-up?
newversionupdate.com pop-up is a dangerous browser hijacker that changes the default settings of all browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. This newversionupdate.com pop-up is designed to change your homepage and default search engine and reroute your search results to http://newversionupdate.com/f/index.html which is a fake webpage owned by hackers. This malicious browser hijacker will capture your queries from Google and will represent some bogus information which is filled by commercial advertisements.
Once it gets into the computer system, newversionupdate.com pop-up uses privacy and security breaches to exploit the vulnerabilities of the system and claims that “Important Security Update: Keeping your browser up to date keeps you protected from a variety of threats and ensures that your personal information is protected. This update will only take a few minutes to complete, and it recommended to maintain a secure browsing experience. ” In fact the purpose of this pop up is making users see the http://newversionupdate.com/f/index.html website and click on its advertisements so the creators of it would make profit. Then you will find that your PC will slow down during start up, surfing internet, playing online games and performing other related tasks. It tracks the browsing behavior or Internet activity of the user intelligently and also collects data and sends them to hackers who misuse them for their own benefit. In order to protect your computer from hijack attack, you should remove newversionupdate.com pop-up immediately when you detect it on your PC.
Screenshot of newversionupdate.com pop-up
Properties of newversionupdate.com pop-up
- newversionupdate.com pop-up sneaks into your computer with free downloads from the Internet;
- newversionupdate.com pop-up is able to affect all your browsers;
- newversionupdate.com pop-up injects malicious files to your system;
- newversionupdate.com pop-up hijacks your homepages, redirects your search results and causers a serious of browser problems;
- newversionupdate.com pop-up changes your default browser settings such as homepages or DNS settings;
- newversionupdate.com pop-up cannot be removed by anti-virus programs in many cases.
How to Remove newversionupdate.com pop-up Browser Hijacker Infection
1. Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
2. Get rid of the listed files created by newversionupdate.com pop-up:
%Documents%\newversionupdate.com\[random] C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC\random letters C:\WINDOWS\system32\random letters
3. Reset Mozilla Firefox to its default settings to remove newversionupdate.com pop-up.
1) Click on the Firefox button, located in the upper left hand corner of your browser window. When the drop-down menu appears hover your mouse cursor over Help button as seen in the example below. At this point, a sub-menu should appear to the right. Next, click on the Troubleshooting Information option.
2) Firefox’s Troubleshooting Information page should now be visible, displayed in a new tab or window. To reset your browser to its default state, click on the Reset Firefox button.
3) A confirmation dialog should now be displayed, conducting if you want to reset Firefox to its initial state. To initiate the process, click on the Reset Firefox button.
4. Clear all the cookies of your affected web browsers.
Click on the “Tools” menu and select “Options”.
Click the “Under the Bonnet” tab, locate the “Privacy” section and Click the “Clear browsing data” button.
Select “Delete cookies and other site data” and clean up all cookies from the list.
Click on Tools, then Options, select Privacy
Click “Remove individual cookies”
In the Cookies panel, click on “Show Cookies”
To remove a single cookie click on the entry in the list and click on the “Remove Cookie button”
To remove all cookies click on the “Remove All Cookies button”
Open Internet explorer window
Click the “Tools” button
Point to “safety” and then click “delete browsing history”
Tick the “cookies” box and then click “delete”
SpyHunter is designed as a simple way for the average computer user to protect their PC from online threats. It is automatically configured to give you the best protection. It provides reliable protection against all kinds of malicious threats including spyware, adware, hijackers, rootkits, and more. You can follow the instructions provided below to download and install SpyHunter successfully, and enjoy the immediate and ongoing protection.
1. Download SpyHunter by clicking the following download link:
2. Double-click on the downloaded file. If asked to allow program to make changes to this computer, click “Yes” button.
3. In this step, please accept the Licence Agreement and click “Next >” button.
4. After the definition database is downloaded, system scan will automatically start.
Video Guide to Remove Browser Hijacker Infection
Note: This removal job is only suggested for those advanced PC users, because any mistake of removing critical files and registry entries will lead to your computer crash terribly. To get your PC problem resolved successfully within only a short period of time, you’d better to download SpyHunter to help you remove newversionupdate.com pop-up effectively.
More Removal Guides
Get a Safer, Cleaner & Faster PC!
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically.
- Terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware
- Safe, effective and complete
- Fix various PC problems
So, pick one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.