What Is blinkx Video Toolbar?
Blinkx Video Toolbar is categorized as browser hijacker redirect virus which can compatible with almost all the web browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc. with this blinkx Video Toolbar on your computer, it can alter your default browser settings and may change your default browser settings with your consent. As we all know, blinkx Video Toolbar is designed by cyber hackers to increase web traffic and generate profit from it. To achieve its purpose, it can track and store your online traces like search keywords, favorites, bookmarks, browser history, which will violate your privacy and may steal your personal information.
How can It Come into Your Computer with Your Approval?
As we all know, this kind of adware or browser hijacker virus can bundle with the free software or online games downloads or embed its malicious codes onto the questionable websites and sneak into your computer while you visiting the questionable websites. on the other hand, clicking the spam email attachments or pop up ads will also help to get blinkx Video Toolbar installed on your computer. Therefore, Tee Support labs suggest that always pay attention to the advanced or customized installations of the free software and not to visit the questionable website and use the relative stable antivirus or anti-spyware.
Probable Harms Caused by Blinkx Video Toolbar
1.It can occupy your CPU usage and then degrade your overall computer performance.
2.It operate on your computer backdoor to invite other malware to come to your computer.
3.It can track and store your online traces to violate your privacy.
4.It can cause redirect issues and change your default browser settings.
Solution One:Step by Step Guide to Manually Remove Blinkx Video Toolbar
Step 1- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Manage Add-ons';
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’, select ‘General tab’ and click ‘Use default’ button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings';
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’.
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Results’ from the list remove it by clicking the “X” mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engines….';
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the ‘General tab';
Step 2- Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 3- Remove these associated Files on your hard drive such as:
%Profile%\Local Settings\Temp\ %ProgramFiles%\ %UserProfile%\
Step 4- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Default_Page_URL" = "http://www..com/?type=hp&ts=&from=tugs&uid=" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TabbedBrowsing "NewTabPageShow" = "1"
Step 5-Restart your computer normally to check the effectiveness.
Solution two: Get rid of Blinkx Video Toolbar by automatic scan of SpyHunter removal tool
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application that designed to help computer users to clean up the infections like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware,etc. It is important to note that SpyHunter removal tool works well and should run alongside existing security programs without any conflicts.
Step one: Click the icon to download SpyHunter removal tool
Follow the instrutions to install SpyHunter removal tool
Step two: After the installation, run SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” button to have a full or quick scan on your PC.
Step three: Select the detected malicious files after your scanning and click “Remove” button to clean up all viruses.
Recommend: Download and install RegCure Pro to optimize the infected computer
Follow the instrutions to install RegCure Pro
2: After the installation, run RegCure Pro to optimize the whole operating system.
Reference Video on How to Remove blinkx Video Toolbar