Safehomepage.com has taken over my online browser activities, overriding my choice of webpage. When I clicked on the “uninstall” button, it continues to exist, as the safe home page toolbar still overwhelms what I want to visit. I have no idea how such an invasive intruder installs onto my computer. Almost all my newly-opened domains are forcedly redirected to http://safehomepage.com/? I’m freaking out about the irritating hijacker but haven’t found a feasible way to get rid of it thoroughly and safely. I’m afraid of losing my valuable documents and files. Is there any antidote to permanently kick off the nuisance? Please help!
What Is Safehomepage.com?
Browser Hijacker \ Redirect Virus \ Adware
Severe \ High Level \ Critical
Major Targeted Browsers:
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.
Safehomepage.com (http://safehomepage.com/) is an extremely vicious and vexing redirect virus which is quite capable to kidnap users’ web browser and keep redirecting them to its relevant web pages. Most of victims might be ignorant of the virus intrusion and don’t know why they’re being rerouted to the unfamiliar domain, since everything was normal before the redirecting issue happens, and their security shield didn’t indicate any threat or abnormal symptoms. As a matter of fact, safehomepage.com is not a trustworthy search engine unlike those famous browsers such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing, but it belongs to a phishing site designed by cyber criminals to entrap unwary internet users into believing it’s authentic and using it to do some search as usual. Once the hijacker lurks into your PC, all of your search providers will be redirected by the vermin without any authorization because it has the ability to amend the default DNS settings and other important internet settings, through which your search queries are fully taken control of by the dangerous hackers. Meanwhile, it’s not a surprising thing to be flooded with numerous commercial advertisements if you’re convinced to use the domain to search, which’s totally different from the ones deriving from legit search engines. In general, Safehomepage.com integrates itself into compromised machine together with plenty of bundled malware or adware parasites, and all these infectious components can deep hook in the system. Apart from these annoying consequences, safehomepage.com is also responsible for poor PC performance and vulnerable network environment as the virus is able to degenerate both with time passing. There is no doubt that Safehomepage.com is definitely a huge threat imperiling your computer, if you still cannot figure out an effective method to remove it, please follow this step-by-step guide or get help from Tee Support agents 24/7 online for real-time professional remote assistance.
Screenshot of Safehomepage.com
Harmful Properties Embodied in Safehomepage.com
- The redirect infiltrates into random computers sneakingly by taking advantage of system vulnerabilities;
- It is possible for the search virus to trigger endless security alert telling you that you have a virus and it wants your credit card number;
- Computer is running more slowly than it should be and CPU usage is taken up considerably when few programs are launching;
- Strange toolbar is installed onto the browser and it modifies browser settings silently in order to control search result instead;
- System frozen or crash issues occur unreasonably and tons of unwanted pop-ups show on the screen during internet-surfing;
- Windows firewall will not stay stable and sometimes it will simply shut down and will not allowed to turned on again.
Explicit Manual Steps to Help You Uninstall Safehomepage.com
Step 1- Get into the safe mode with networking:
To perform this procedure, please restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then using arrow key to select “Safe Mode with Networking” from the list and press ENTER to get into that mode.
Step 2- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’, select ‘General tab’ and click ‘Use default’ button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’.
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Results’ from the list remove it by clicking the “X” mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engines….’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the ‘General tab’;
Step 3- Disable Proxy
For Firefox: Clik the “Firefox” button in the upper left of Firefox browser menu and then hit “Options” ; Select the “Advanced” tab; Click the “network”tab and then the “settings”button on the ”Option window; Checkmark option“No Proxy”; Click “OK” and then “OK” again to disable proxy settings.
For Google Chrome: Open Google Chrome ; Go to the key at the top right, then “Options”->”Advanced”; Click “Change proxy settings” located in “Network”; Click “Connections” tab; Click “LAN Settings”; Checkmark “Do not activate a proxy server”.
For Internet Explorer: Open Internet Explorer; Click Tools; Click on Internet Options; In the Internet Options window click “Connections tab”, Then click on the LAN settings button” Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press “OK”.
Step 4- Show all hidden files
Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
Step 5- Remove these Safehomepage.com associated files on your hard drive such as:
%AllUsersProfile% random.exe %Temp% random.exe
Step 6- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries created by Safehomepage.com:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[RANDOM]” HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[RANDOM].exe” HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Temp
Step 7- Restart your computer and get into regular mode to take effect.
Reference The Video Below to Terminate Safehomepage.com
Note: Manual removal of Safehomepage.com virus is kind of complicated, which requires adequate computer troubleshooting expertise in dealing with system files and registries. No slight mistake would be allowed to make, or it will lead to system crash or data loss which even spending money can never buy. For the prevention of making a havoc to the infected machine, it’s recommended to open a live chat with Tee Support agents 24/7 online to get your problem fixed effectively.
Tee Support is an award-winning online tech service 24/7. Tee Support experts provide sophisticated manual solutions:
- terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware that an antivirus program can not!
- specific solution for your specific system: Safe, Effective, Complete.
- many more services covering various PC problems to meet your requirements.
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically. So, pick up one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
However, professional online technical support is highly recommended if you want a more specific, accurate and effective solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.
Award-winning Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus software protects your PC against privacy and tracking threats. Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus detects, removes and secures your PC from potential spyware, viruses, worms and tracking threats.