Please help!!! All my search results are repeatedly redirected to Gqs.donedrive.net no matter which search engine I use and haven’t found an effective way to get rid of the hijacking nuisance? And my homepage has been changed to unwanted web pages without my consent? How can I have the virus uninstalled permanently from my computer? You’ve come to the right place. By reading this post, you can have a clear understanding of Gqs.donedrive.net redirect and find a good antidote to remove it completely.
Gqs.donedrive.net popup is a phishing web page that can sneakily infiltrate into many popular browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. When encountering the virus, your computer will continuously receive browsing diverts and pop-up ads while you’re navigating to internet as usual. It’s noticeable that gqs.donedrive.net is designed by cyber criminals to distribute adware programs and generate illegal revenue as much as possible from reckless surfers. Maybe it’s initially not a harmful domain, but it’s illicitly utilized to infect random PC system and implement a series of shameful campaign. Being a victim of this redirect, you should pay attention to all your browser activities such as login numbers and password because remote hackers can easily gain profit through your sensitive data stored in the compromised machine. Other abnormal symptoms triggered by the virus may include the slowness of PC performance, browser settings’ alteration, the intrusion of other spyware or malware, etc.
Normally gqs.donedrive.net can be attached onto your computer unknowingly when you install a certain free program from the internet without utmost care, in most cases, not knowing about additional add-on or toolbar’s invasion. For the prevention of the similar infections in future, do not skip any options given along the installation process. As is mentioned above, we can draw the conclusion that gqs.donedrive.net simply serves as a tool to boost web traffic to its sponsored websites and thus extort money for cyber crooks, endangering users’ PC properties and individual personal details aggressively, so never show mercy to slay it immediately the moment there is any indication of the hijacker.
Screenshot of Gqs.donedrive.net
Possible Symptoms Caused by Gqs.donedrive.net
- The infiltration of the redirect is carried out in silent manner.
- Victims will be flooded with tons of advertisements on the PC screen.
- The default homepage is constantly redirected to strange domain unexpectedly.
- Computer turns out to be running in low quality and sometime even gets stuck.
- Browser crashes all of a sudden and internet connectivity is unstable.
- Lots of unknown add-ons or extensions would be added onto corrupted browsers.
Detailed Instructions for Removing Gqs.donedrive.net Manually and Thoroughly
Step 1- Get into the safe mode with networking:
To perform this procedure, please restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then using arrow key to select “Safe Mode with Networking” from the list and press ENTER to get into that mode.
Step 2- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’, select ‘General tab’ and click ‘Use default’ button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’.
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Results’ from the list remove it by clicking the “X” mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engines….’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the ‘General tab’;
Step 3- Open Windows Task Manager and end all gqs.donedrive.net running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 4- Show all hidden files
Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
Step 5- Remove these gqs.donedrive.net associated files on your hard drive such as:
%AllUsersProfile%\random.exe %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates\random.exe %Temp%\random.exe %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.dll
Step 6- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following entries created by gqs.donedrive.net:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” =Random HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\run\Random.exe
Step 7- Restart your computer and get into regular mode to take effect.
Automatic Removal Tool (Recommended)
SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application that designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware, etc. It is important to notice that SpyHunter removal tool works well and should run alongside existing security programs without any conflicts.
Step 1. Download SpyHunter by clicking on the icon below.
Step 2. Follow the details to complete the installation process. (Double click on the download file and follow the prompts to install the program.)
Step 3. After the installation, run SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” button to have a full or quick scan on your computer.
Step 4. Tick “Select all” and press “Remove” button to get rid of all the detected threats on your computer.
Kindly reminder: Please don’t waste much time on antivirus software and simply follow manual steps explained above now, since there is no perfect security utility that can fix this pesky gqs.donedrive.net virus. If you still cannot figure out one practical solution or don’t want to mess up your machine further, click to download Spyhunter here.
Get a Safer, Cleaner & Faster PC!
A good spyware remover can safeguard your computer at real-time automatically.
- Terminate latest, stubborn virus/spyware
- Safe, effective and complete
- Fix various PC problems
So, pick one of your favorite to protect your system easily.
Malwarebytes is one of the most popular and widely used anti-virus and malware-removal software applications for both home and corporate computer users alike.