Hack Program – Win32:zapchase-GT Detected
There’s no much information on Win32:zapchase-GT but only the report from one of its victim as quoted here:
‘Hi, I have my external hardisk infected by the above, and instead of a folder icon, shows as a shortcut icon when I go into the drive. When I run malwarebytes anti malware (and also Avast) it quarantines a *.fat file (~$wtbkbfb.fat). It cannot repair it. Once it quarantines it I can no longer access the folders in my external hardisk.
When I RClick Properties, Target destination shows : C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe ~$WTBKBFB.FAT,crys desktop.ini.ini ujtesdnc mblvkufn ” “’
Apparently, win32:zapchase-GT is a greedy and intrusive one that poised to extract as much of information as possible out of a machine by blocking access from administrator. Win32:zapchase-gt is also a powerful one that installs itself into your machine without being easily killed by installed security utilities. As quoted above, we now know that win32:zapchase-gt is capable of spreading itself by attacking removable device. Actually, there are many ways to make itself met by as many PC users as possible.
Causes of Win32:zapchase-GT
- Vulnerability in a web app which allows:
a) Upload and execute arbitrary binaries / code on the system;
b) Extraction of credentials that can be used to access other services;
- Vulnerability in server software (e.g. Apache / IIS / PHP), allowing the malware to execute arbitrary code on the server;
- Vulnerability in the system software (e.g. Linux kernel), allowing remote code execution;
- Accessing openly available configuration files from misconfigured servers;
- Watching/downloading/streaming videos from poisoned sites;
- Opening attachment/link contained in email with attracting title from unknown senders;
- Downloading freeware.
When unfortunately getting win32:zapchase-gt, you may get a poorer computer day by day:
- Your antivirus can’t properly remove win32:zapchase-GT, your firewall will be disable, it would constantly be opening and closing during session and unable to open or control;
- Odd instability, display degradation and link redirect;
- You’ll get more unfamiliar files and folders installed in random disk and folders;
- Other system facilities not operational
- Update will not be completed and hence triggers more problems such as error messages;
- Crashes on both system and browser increase in frequency.
There are some potential win32:zapchase-gt’s behavior should be paid attention to:
- Watches browsing activity and Windows system to generate equivalent pop-up advertisements;
- WinNT/rustock.e floods Windows system with malicious trojan horses, adware and spyware files via browser security holes
- WinNT/rustock.e bypasses securtiy utility by mask itself as legiti Windows file, sends passwords, usernames and other confidential info to hackers
It is crystal clear that Win32:zapchase-gt refuses to be uninstalled and it infiltrated successfully when you were protected by security utility. We suggest to nuke down Win32:zapchase-GT manually. Help yourself now before it causes more glitches by following steps below.
Manual Aproach to Remove Win32:zapchase-GT
Step1:Restart your system and get into the safe mode with networking
As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the “F8 key” continuously which should bring up the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight “Safe Mode with Networking” option and press Enter key.
Step2:Please stop processes of Win32:zapchase-gt
Step3: Reset your IE
a) Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
b) In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab. Then click on the Restore Defaults button and then press OK.
Step4: Go to the Registry Editor to delete all entries related to Win32:zapchase-gt
Click “Start” menu, hit “Run”, then type “regedit” click “OK”.
Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Regedit32 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Inspector” HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random].exe” HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\
Step5: Delete files generated by win32:zapchase-GT
%AppData%\Protector-[random].exe %appdata%\npswf32.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe ~$WTBKBFB.FAT,crys desktop.ini.ini ujtesdnc mblvkufn " " *.fat file (~$wtbkbfb.fat)
Remove Win32:zapchase-GT with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is one of few choices to clean PC that is infected with aggressive parasites. It can be used as additional tool to disable malware temporarily, or as main remover. In any way, it is a valuable tool in battle against malware.
Step 1. Download Spyhunter (from this link) to your desktop.
Step 2. Double-click the download file and follow the prompts to install the program.
Step 3. After the installation has been successfully completed, SpyHunter will download the latest definitions from Enigma Software Group servers.
Step 4. SpyHunter will start scanning your system automatically right after the installation has been completed successfully.
Step 5. Remove all malware or infected files have been detected by SpyHunter.
Video Sample Guide on How to Remove Win32:zapchase-GT
ATTENTION PLEASE: do not want to be entangled by redirect issue, will-not-die error messages and regain properly running security utilities, it is advisible to get rid of Win32:zapchase-GT once detected. If you somehow can proceed with the given steps, we suggest you to download Win32:zapchase-GT removal tool to remove it quickly and safely.
More Removal Guides
Still having trouble on dealing with tricky virus infections, stubborn errors, unwanted programs or any other headachy computer problems? Do not hesitate anymore! What you definitely need is a more specific, accurate and customized solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system. Tee Support recommends to you an award-winning anti-malware tool that gives you the easiest and most effective automatic solutions.Click Here to Download the Most Popular Anti-malware Now!