Tech Summary on Buscaid Redirect (http://www.buscaid.com)
Buscaid.com browser hijacker exploits vulnerabilities on installed web apps or programs to settle down itself in the system. By dropping its arbitrary key values, buscaid search engine virus manages to keep appearing on browser and serve as a visible backdoor always ready to receive commands for further damages. Usually buscaid.com would replace default homepage and offer search results according to the key words you type in wherever on the browser. Want to know if you are being trailed by buscaid virus, you just have a glance at URL of search result to see if you have www.buscaid.com followed by a string of letters and numbers. The browser malware aims to obtain your privacy so as to make money by reselling it to other spammers like those behind endless commercial pop-ups. That’s why you may end up with frustrating surfing experience.
Here’s the interface of buscaid.com hijacker:
Buscaid Redirect can Be More than Browser Evil
Buscaid.com can either be silent to just offer you search results like any other normal search engine does or be irritating to reroute you to its page frequently. The latter is more commonly seen and hence makes many people want to get rid of buscaid hijacker. Let’s see what it does to upset you:
- Homepage is replaced with buscaid.com;
- Frequently get redirected to buscaid.com and its affiliate pages that usually are promotion page with hype links contained;
- Random ads that fit well in what you search start happening;
- Certain sites are blocked and no access to related search results;
- Tasks freeze up sometimes, browser crashes from time to time as well;
- Security utilities seem to work improperly as they are unable to stop buscaid.com from redirecting.
It is worthy of attention that the piece of browser hijacker can do more beyond visible damages. one report from one of its victims:
‘I have a windows 7 PC and it seems to be infected by this rootkit. Homepage of IE or Firefox or Chrome gets redirected to this Buscaid website. I can’t run the windows RUN, I can’t run CMD or regedit. It says I don’t have administrator privileges. Safe mode doesn’t prevent the rootkit from running or however it works. Whenever I try to search virus, antivirus or any related stuff, the browser closes itself. I tried transferring different rootkit removal softwares downloaded from my mac (I can’t download or even search anything antimalware related from the pc) from a usb and once it gets plugged in to the pc, the usb files get destroyed (become shortcut files 1 kb). It also stops the scanning process of any antivirus (AVG) installed.’
To sum up, buscaid.com can also arouse:
- Administrator privilege issue;
- Breakdown on security utility and browser;
- Additional virus infiltration;
- File corruption.
The backdoor can be easily taken advantage by any kind of virus, especially Rookit and Trojan. If you encounter error message saying you don’t have privilege, you’d be alerted and hurry up to get rid of buscaid.com since your privacy may be directly scraped by buscaid’s maker who gains unsolicited access to your computer. Follow up the steps hereinafter.
Step-by-Step Instruction to Show How to Stop Buscaid Redirect (http://www.buscaid.com)
Solution 1: Buscaid Redirect Manual Removal Instructions
Step1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of buscaid.com:
Step2. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
Step3. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files generated by buscaid.com:
%AppData%[trojan name]toolbardtx.ini %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarguid.dat %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarlog.txt %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarpreferences.dat %AppData%[trojan name]toolbaruninstallStatIE.dat %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarversion.xml
Step4. Open Windows Task Manager and close all buscaid.com’s running processes.
Step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
Step5. Delete all related registry values related to buscaid.com in your local hard disk C.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = 0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegistryTools” = 0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin” = 0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “ConsentPromptBehaviorUser” = 0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “EnableLUA” = 0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Inspector” HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings “net” = “2013-4-2″ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings “UID” = “tovvhgxtud” HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ASProtect HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution
Solution 2: Remove Buscaid automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to remove this infection
Run SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Reference the Video Below to Remove Buscaid Redirect (http://www.buscaid.com)
ATTENTION: you may very well encounter with some dysfunctions after you successfully remove buscaid.com search engine virus since it can allow other infections in, so if you cannot figure out the issue, you’re welcome to download removal tool to help you get rid of this infection safely and simply.
More Removal Guides
Still having trouble on dealing with tricky virus infections, stubborn errors, unwanted programs or any other headachy computer problems? Do not hesitate anymore! What you definitely need is a more specific, accurate and customized solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system. Tee Support recommends to you an award-winning anti-malware tool that gives you the easiest and most effective automatic solutions.Click Here to Download the Most Popular Anti-malware Now!