It has recently been found that basicserve search engine has taken over the whole browser – every click on a search result link will be led to basicserve.com. Here’s the screenshot:
However some people get basicserve.com do not realize its nature as a browser hijacker, since basicserve seems to do nothing but only to replace the original default homepage.
Some people who don’t have their favorites would like to get used to it. It is basicserve’s trick that make you keep it around so that basicserve manages to follow wherever you go and hence gather your privacy which including log-in details and financial information. While others know basicserve as a search engine virus but do not get it fixed because they don’t think a tiny piece of gadget could get thing any worse.
Obviously people don’t notice the fact that basicserve hijacker gets worse by the day in either way. That’s why so many people just live with it until basicserve.com appears every second along with endless pop-up commercials that lead to browser crashes from time to time, making PC owners unable to do search anymore and concern over computer health. Basicserve.com can act worse. The duplicitous search engine loads down tracking cookies and would make unsolicited access from third party possible at last through the same backdoor built up the time when basicserve virus settles down.
Is Basicserve Search Engine that Dangerous?
YES. We have received not a few people who searched us by basicserve.com for fake anti-virus program uninstall and pop up like getsavin remove, which illustrate one fact that keeping basicserve virus around could make you surrounded by additional virus that you can’t expect. Here’s the conclusion of encounters one may get when basicserve virus is alive in his/her system:
- Google search page redirects to an incorrect site when click on a result;
- Occasionally random site opens op automatically in a new tab;
- Installed security utility flag errors when opening a site;
- Some online videos have a hard time playing on the compromised computer;
- Programs sometimes either run slow or stop responding;
- Blue screens on start up and black screens (start normally or in repair mode option);
- Clicks on results gathered by basicserve.com will be taken to various bad pages.
Not all people who get infected with basicserve.com will encounter all the above listed troubles because the vicious commands conveyed through a backdoor can be different. However, if you don’t want your computer become gathering place for various virus, you’d better follow up the steps hereinafter when you get the chance;
Method 1: Step-by-Step Instruction to Show How to Remove Basicserve.com Completely
Step1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of basicserve.com:
Step2. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
Step3. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files generated by basicserve:
%UserProfile%\[random].exe %ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\[random] %Windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framwork\[random].exe %System%[random].exe
Step4. Open Windows Task Manager and close all basicserve’s running processes.
Step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
Step5. Delete all related registry values related to basicserve in your local hard disk C.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run\[random] HKEY_USERS\.DEFUALT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ControlSet001\Services\svflooje\Enum\[random]
Method 2: Remove Basicserve.com with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is one of few choices to clean PC that is infected with aggressive parasites. It can be used as additional tool to disable malware temporarily, or as main remover. In any way, it is a valuable tool in battle against malware.
Step 1. Download Spyhunter (from this link) to your desktop.
Step 2. Double-click the download file and follow the prompts to install the program.
Step 3. After the installation has been successfully completed, SpyHunter will download the latest definitions from Enigma Software Group servers.
Step 4. SpyHunter will start scanning your system automatically right after the installation has been completed successfully.
Step 5. Remove all malware or infected files have been detected by SpyHunter.
Reference the Video Below to Remove Basicserve.com
ATTENTION: since the commands basicserve .com receives are random and different. Plus, if you keep basicserve for quite a while, the steps provided above may fail as the blog article is written based on virus sample. If you fail to shake basicserve.com off your computer or do not want to generate additional and unnecessary problem due to slightly mistake, Download reliable removal tool here to get rid of Basicserve.com simple and easily.
More Removal Guides
Still having trouble on dealing with tricky virus infections, stubborn errors, unwanted programs or any other headachy computer problems? Do not hesitate anymore! What you definitely need is a more specific, accurate and customized solution toward your specific issue in your specific computer system. Tee Support recommends to you an award-winning anti-malware tool that gives you the easiest and most effective automatic solutions.Click Here to Download the Most Popular Anti-malware Now!